IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Spañiard
CollectinSteve
Mercenary25
Spartan Tactical
Philip
nkomo
10 posters

USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform Empty USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform

Post by nkomo Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:44 am

This is another one of my favorite Marine uniforms from the current conflict in Iraq/Afghanistan. This is the flame resistant desert MARPAT uniform issued to armored fighting vehicle crewmen. This one is a size M/L and is used....just like I like my uniforms.

USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform 00211
    USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform 00311
    USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform 00412
    USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform 00511

Last edited by nkomo on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total

ADMIN
    ADMIN

USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform Empty Re: USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform

Post by nkomo Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:46 am

Close up of the pants. Very odd fabric texture.

USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform 00712
    USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform 00811
    USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform 00911

ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform Empty Re: USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform

Post by Philip Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:33 am

hi arch,
    i've got some frog stuff too and noticed that just propper uses this odd fabric.

https://iacmc.forumotion.com/us-marines-f145/usmc-frog-t936.htm

nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:21 pm

derxsammler wrote:hi arch,
    i've got some frog stuff too and noticed that just propper uses this odd fabric.

https://iacmc.forumotion.com/us-marines-f145/usmc-frog-t936.htm
    Just saw that. Thanks for the link. The Propper version is differnt than the Crye Version. Interesting.
    Arch

Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-04-25
    Number of posts : 46

Post by Spartan Tactical Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:57 pm

The frog stuff came through in generations, The Bradley 2 stuff listed looks alot different that the other 2 generations that came before it. Im in the process of developing a guide that breaks down all 3 generations of FROG Gear
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:15 am

I would love to see that guide when you are finished!

Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Spartan Tactical Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:04 am

I'll make sure to link it to the board, just in the process of getting my photo's together currently and doing the layout.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:15 am

Spartan, I just looked on your website and noticed that you are using Arch's photo?

USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:21 am

I'm looking forward to it! A friend of mine fresh back from Afghanistan just sent me his.

Steve
    Spartan Tactical
    Spartan Tactical
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Spartan Tactical Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks for bringing that to my attention merc25, didn't realize that had happened.

The FROG gear in general has alot off different items ranging from the Flame retardant hoods to the Combat tops and pants. The pants specifically have more than 1 generation however the tops have went through a couple as well, the originals weren't desert MARPAT.
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-04-19
    Number of posts : 96

Post by Spañiard Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:08 am

Spartan Tactical wrote:Thanks for bringing that to my attention merc25, didn't realize that had happened.

The FROG gear in general has allot off different items ranging from the Flame retardant hoods to the Combat tops and pants. The pants specifically have more than 1 generation however the tops have went through a couple as well, the originals weren't desert MARPAT.

Just to mention in passing If it doesn't have the Frog EGA Tag It's not USMC Issue. Like Camalbak Gloves if the Logo isn't Stamped on the wrist glove band it's not USMC Issue, since Camalbak makes same frog glove for SF. ect., without the USMC logo.
    Spartan Tactical
    Spartan Tactical
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Spartan Tactical Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Spañiard wrote:
    Spartan Tactical wrote:Thanks for bringing that to my attention merc25, didn't realize that had happened.

The FROG gear in general has allot off different items ranging from the Flame retardant hoods to the Combat tops and pants. The pants specifically have more than 1 generation however the tops have went through a couple as well, the originals weren't desert MARPAT.

Just to mention in passing If it doesn't have the Frog EGA Tag It's not USMC Issue. Like Camalbak Gloves if the Logo isn't Stamped on the wrist glove band it's not USMC Issue, since Camalbak makes same frog glove for SF. ect., without the USMC logo.

Not necessarily, the original stuff didn't have tags in it before they labeled it FROG gear. I'll have photos of both in the guide.

Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Spañiard Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Spartan Tactical wrote:
    Spañiard wrote:

Not necessarily, the original stuff didn't have tags in it before they labeled it FROG gear. I'll have photos of both in the guide.

All USMC thats FROG has the Tag even the first ones that came out, the Stuff thats FROG with no tag is Issued to US SF. ect. and thats what you have a picture of. Per say I have two balaclava same Style both are FROG one has the USMC Frog logo the other doesn't and that goes for my Inner shirts and underwear also.
    Spartan Tactical
    Spartan Tactical
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Spartan Tactical Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:34 pm

Spañiard wrote:
    Spartan Tactical wrote:
    Spañiard wrote:

All USMC thats FROG has the Tag even the first ones that came out, the Stuff thats FROG with no tag is Issued to US SF. ect. and thats what you have a picture of. Per say I have two balaclava same Style both are FROG one has the USMC Frog logo the other doesn't and that goes for my Inner shirts and underwear also.

Not necessarily, they were designed and distributed by the same company. The only difference between the two is one was distributed to the army and one to the marines. Considering I was in Iraq when the stuff was first distributed, before the implementation of the newer desert marpat stuff the usual replace was just a regular nomex desert flight suit. The guide will be finished up today hopefully like I said Ill post a link. Ill throw up a post momentarily with a couple photos in the meantime.

Last edited by Spartan Tactical on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Spartan Tactical
    Spartan Tactical
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Spartan Tactical Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:41 pm

USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform Frog1 (Original)
    USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform Frog2 (Updated)

They even made another model of the light weight pull overs which is below

USMC FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear) Desert MARPAT Uniform Frog3

The idea was to get away from the Under armor style light weight shirts because when heated they in essence melt and turn into shrink wrap on the human body.
    Spartan Tactical
    Spartan Tactical
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Spartan Tactical Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 pm

The new guide is up for the FROG Gear:

http://www.spartacsupply.com/media/guides/6-military-gear-and-uniforms/7-marine-frog-gear
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Spañiard Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Spartan Tactical wrote:
    Spañiard wrote:
    Spartan Tactical wrote:
    Spañiard wrote:

Not necessarily, they were designed and distributed by the same company. The only difference between the two is one was distributed to the army and one to the marines. Considering I was in Iraq when the stuff was first distributed, before the implementation of the newer desert marpat stuff the usual replace was just a regular nomex desert flight suit. The guide will be finished up today hopefully like I said Ill post a link. Ill throw up a post momentarily with a couple photos in the meantime.

Interesting, I know about Nomex and 3M I got last year all FROG Blouse and Fatigues in ACU New Pattern Issue. I know same company manufacture to the USMC and US SF or ARMY. I have same as pics with the underwear long Johns, Original and updated same shirts, I bought the first set as US Army Issue. Well US personnel pay for their gear, yes once returned you get the Big Check. I was advised all Corps Frog when introduced had the EGA FROG Logo. You've noticed that The Corps likes to leave their mark on the Majority of all gear ect. And MARPAT Woodland or desert, Coyote Brown and Semper Fidelis is not exclusive to the USMC. A Canadian Regiment has that same Motto. And Special security forces ect wear the same, Like Bijan Pads.

oceanfront

Registration date : 2011-04-24
    Number of posts : 2

Post by oceanfront Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi i just picked up a pair of the Propper "Trouser Combat, Desert MARPAT Camouflage, FR Bradley 2" in Small-Reg. I take it these are what everyone is calling FROG? It doesnt have the same square FROG picture logo as my Crye FROG combat shirt... Just has the average military style tag (NSN 8415-01-546-9992.

My question is if these pants are in good condition, are they valuable because theyre a little harder to find? Whats a pair in decent condition sell for typically? thanks much for the info!
    Spartan Tactical
    Spartan Tactical
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Spartan Tactical Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:21 pm

oceanfront wrote:Hi i just picked up a pair of the Propper "Trouser Combat, Desert MARPAT Camouflage, FR Bradley 2" in Small-Reg. I take it these are what everyone is calling FROG? It doesnt have the same square FROG picture logo as my Crye FROG combat shirt... Just has the average military style tag (NSN 8415-01-546-9992.

My question is if these pants are in good condition, are they valuable because theyre a little harder to find? Whats a pair in decent condition sell for typically? thanks much for the info!

Negative, the Bradley 2's dont have the FROG Emblem in them you are right. The inside pocket tag only has the basic info, they weren't distributed under the FROG logo. However they are not any more valueable because of it, they just havent been in circulation as long as the 1st gen FROG pants.

I have a full illustrated guide with the Bradley 2's included on my website.
    oceanfront

Registration date : 2011-04-24
    Number of posts : 2

Post by oceanfront Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:24 pm

thanks for the info. But i assume theyre worth something lol. Only pants ive come across is typical issue desert and woodland MARPAT. never seen the FROG stuff. I dont want to get in a discussion on value becuase this prob isnt the forum for it (im new member) but would it be worth my time to Ebay it or are they just too common and wouldnt be worth the effort? Ive been selling some Crye Navy custom AOR1 pants and those are sure worth the effort!! lol
    Spartan Tactical
    Spartan Tactical
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Spartan Tactical Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:43 pm

oceanfront wrote:thanks for the info. But i assume theyre worth something lol. Only pants ive come across is typical issue desert and woodland MARPAT. never seen the FROG stuff. I dont want to get in a discussion on value becuase this prob isnt the forum for it (im new member) but would it be worth my time to Ebay it or are they just too common and wouldnt be worth the effort? Ive been selling some Crye Navy custom AOR1 pants and those are sure worth the effort!! lol

Considering the fact I have about 30 sets of them currently I assure you that they aren't worth alot: "exception to this is big sizes... large reg, large long, xl etc" those sizes are harder to come by simply because they arent the typical size for a Marine lol. If you wanna buy more of em by all means Ill sell ya some tho! :-p
    AOR1 will always sell better simply because you can stick the word "SEAL" in front of it... I could have thong underwear and if the SEAL's used them people would pay way too much for it lol. That stuff is in alot more limited supply versus the standard issue for the entire marine corps forward deployed.
    Conker
    Conker
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-05-08
    Number of posts : 35

Post by Conker Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:02 am

Just as a heads up, there's also a woodland MARPAT FROG set. Haven't seen one for sale yet (though MIL guys can get them directly from Propper) but they're out in Afghanistan and have been for at least a couple weeks!
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Dan M
    Registration date : 2011-06-10
    Number of posts : 131

Post by oceanfrontguy Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:51 am

Conker wrote:Just as a heads up, there's also a woodland MARPAT FROG set. Haven't seen one for sale yet (though MIL guys can get them directly from Propper) but they're out in Afghanistan and have been for at least a couple weeks!

I could have had a set from a Marine at Pendleton for $50!! But im in VA and he wouldnt ship them, local pickup only. I sat there and weeped.... lol

Check out the website Bookoo and look under Camp Pendleton or Lejuene or any other base. Tons of gear and uniforms for cheap! Just like Craigslist. Trick is trying to get them to ship because they are mostly trying to quick, local cash sales...
    Kan
    Kan
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Justin Inman
    Registration date : 2010-06-25
    Number of posts : 86

Post by Kan Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:28 pm

SHHHH dont tell everyone about our little oasis of modern gear.

Lol.

I almost had them myself once he actually opened my email, but he sold them right before then. Sad

I wouldn't worry though, it'll be showing up just as much as the arid FROG soon enough.
    Spañiard
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Spañiard Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:54 pm

I opened a box in storage a few days ago, looks like I forgot, guess that's what happens when you land on your head to many times Lol.
    I found the Old FROG shirts,ect or GEN I with no Tags therefore Spartan was right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 am