IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6959

Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Empty Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:35 am

I got these two nice items in from Poland along with yet another Small uniform.  You'd think Lux fielded a force of a million children based on all the small used uniforms out there.

The smock is really well made and shows considerable use.  I researched this and a bit and the maker is a Norwegian company that appears to have some history of selling to militaries. This item was made in Poland for them.  The fabric feels like the FR trousers, but it is definitely not.  I don't know anything about it, however I suspect it was made for Lux forces as a private purchase item or perhaps a limited production run.

Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Dsc00215
    Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Dsc00216
    Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Dsc00219
    Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Dsc00220
    Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Dsc00217
    Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Dsc00218

Next is the very rare combat trousers in FR material.  I had a shot at a full set but I stupidly tried to haggle with the guy and someone else came along and offered him his asking price.  Needless to say he stopped returning my emails Sad

Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Dsc00221
    Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Dsc00222

Steve
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 446

Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers Empty Re: Luxembourg Smock and FR trousers

Post by fourtycoats Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 am

The smock looks like the NFM "Garm" design which is issued in Norwegian cammo to units still going to Iraq. It is usually made in FR material and the one you show has a label stating it is FR.Nice item Steve.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6959

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Thanks for the confirmation!  Oh, and I totally forgot about the FR mark on the back, even though I took a picture of it Embarassed Something on the backside of the label made me think it was not fire resistant, but I'm sure I misread it because (as I said above) it sure as heck feels like it could be the same FR material used for the trousers. Which would make sense. Different amount of wash and wear might account for the subtle difference in feel between the two.

Steve
    Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 405

Post by Camonut314 Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Having actually met more than my fair share of 'Burgers, I can most of them were not much bigger than my scrawny arse. Since you seem to have such an awesome pike 'o camo there, I'd be happy to take this one off your hands, it'd fit me perfect, I'm sure!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:33 am