IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Rhodesian books for sale

bousquet123
    bousquet123
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : BOUSQUET
    Registration date : 2012-02-06
    Number of posts : 80

Rhodesian books for sale Empty Rhodesian books for sale

Post by bousquet123 Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:03 am

Hi all,

I've the following Rhodesian books for sale
    Photos on request
    Postage is extra; I've noted the weight, you can find postage rate on "colissimo" website (sending from FRANCE)

- TAMING THE LANDMINE . Peter STIFF
    GALAGO 1986 128 pages
    b&w photos
    the book is covered with kraft paper and in VGC
    the book weighs 1120 grams
    100 €

- SELOUS SCOUTS TOP SECRET WAR (hardback). Lt R.R DALY as told to Peter STIFF
    GALAGO 1982 432 pages
    colour and b&w photos
    the book has a plastic cover and is in VGC
    the book weighs 1060 grams
    100 €

- CONTACT 1. John LOVETT
    GALAXIE PRESS 1977 240 pages
    b&w and colourphotos Roll of Honour and photos af all the Rhodesian honours and awards
    the book weighs 1590 grams
    100 €

- THE ELITE RHODESIAN SAS PICTORIAL. Barbara COLE (signed book)
    THREE KNIGHTS 167 pages
    colour and b&w photos
    the book weighs 1000 grams
    100 €

- ECHOES OF AN AFRICAN WAR. Chas LOTTER
    COVOS DAY 197 pages
    colour and b&w photos
    the book is in new condition
    the book weighs 1330 grams
    30 €

- RHODESIAN SOLDIER AND OTHERS WHO FOUGHT. Chas LOTTER
    GALAGO 194 111 pages
    colour and b&w photos
    the book weighs 1080 grams
    100 €

Thanks for watching

Didier
    Camo fleur

Registration date : 2019-05-21
    Number of posts : 8

Rhodesian books for sale Empty Re: Rhodesian books for sale

Post by Camo fleur Fri May 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi, I am interested in getting one of the original Rhodesian books, and can be very pricey elsewhere, which book would you say has the most militaria and uniforms as a reference? Smile

zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Fri May 24, 2019 9:49 pm

hands down the most historically significant in that list would be Contact 1, this was printed by galaxie press in rhodesia during the war. Coffee table book , hundreds of great photos. That's a great price for it too.

The Elite pictorial has lots of excellent pics, and would give that as being the second best book on the list. Just IMHO.

Camo fleur wrote:Hi, I am interested in getting one of the original Rhodesian books, and can be very pricey elsewhere, which book would you say has the most militaria and uniforms as a reference?  Smile

bousquet123
    bousquet123
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by bousquet123 Sat May 25, 2019 8:33 am

zvez wrote:hands down the most historically significant in that list would be Contact 1, this was printed by galaxie press in rhodesia during the war. Coffee table book , hundreds of great photos. That's a great price for it too.

The Elite pictorial has lots of excellent pics, and would give that as being the second best book on the list. Just IMHO.

Camo fleur wrote:Hi, I am interested in getting one of the original Rhodesian books, and can be very pricey elsewhere, which book would you say has the most militaria and uniforms as a reference?  Smile

Hi

I agree with you: Contact is the first reference as Rhodesian military book and SAS Pictorial is dedicated to the "Elite" (this was this I like the much)
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Sat May 25, 2019 2:37 pm

A little trivia for you, I met Barbara Cole and the Three knights in transkei many years ago. In the pictorial the photo of nkomo's lusaka house as it stood when the book was published (basically a foundation) that the sas attacked during the war. ON a stop in Lusaka I went there and took the pic, ca. 1984/85. Barbara had asked me to as I met her when the first book THE ELITE came out, a briliant book.
    bousquet123 wrote:
    zvez wrote:hands down the most historically significant in that list would be Contact 1, this was printed by galaxie press in rhodesia during the war. Coffee table book , hundreds of great photos. That's a great price for it too.

Hi

I agree with you:  Contact is the first reference as Rhodesian military book and SAS Pictorial is dedicated to the "Elite" (this was this I like the much)
    bousquet123
    bousquet123
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by bousquet123 Sat May 25, 2019 2:41 pm

zvez wrote:A little trivia for you, I met Barbara Cole and the Three knights in transkei many years ago. In the pictorial the photo of nkomo's lusaka house as it stood when the book was published (basically a foundation) that the sas attacked during the war. ON a stop in Lusaka I went there and took the pic, ca. 1984/85. Barbara had asked me to as I met her when the first book THE ELITE came out, a briliant book.
    bousquet123 wrote:

Hi

I agree with you:  Contact is the first reference as Rhodesian military book and SAS Pictorial is dedicated to the "Elite" (this was this I like the much)

Thnaks for the info, several photos on the book are from Henry LEPETIT a French who is now an artist

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 pm