IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch?

michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-09
    Number of posts : 792

1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Empty 1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch?

Post by michelwijnand Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:32 am

So I have these 2 pouches I don't know the origin or purpose of.

First up is this one, a small canvas pouch with US type belthooks, found here in the Netherlands, might be Dutch, but never saw this before, and some guys
    on FB suspect it to be something French, but I don't recognize it as such either.
    4th pic is for scale in comparison to other items.

1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Dsc06850
    1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Dsc06852
    1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Dsc06851
    1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Dsc06853

And then this pouch on the right. No labels or markings, just a pouch with some PLCE style beltloops but no velcro additional loops with T-pins.
    For size comparison it's next to a PLCE GPMG pouch.

1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Dsc06855
    1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Dsc06854

Glencoe
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2017-10-22
    Number of posts : 48

1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Empty Re: 1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch?

Post by Glencoe Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:39 pm

The first pouch looks like it could fit a grenade launcher.

The second pouch looks somewhat commercial. It looks like it was meant to be worn on the left.
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Empty Re: 1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch?

Post by Wolverine Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:16 am

I think that the small canvas pouch is probably one of the Italian versions of the US M1942 first aid pouch.
    michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-09
    Number of posts : 792

Post by michelwijnand Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:11 pm

I think I found a photo of the same exact pouch as the first one in the thread, on an Israelian early Ephod trial vest made in 1976.
    Still, they reused a lot of foreign gear, mostly French, British and US, so it could still be foreign.

1 small pouch with belthooks, and a maybe British commercial DPM pouch? Vest_110

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm