IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More OG .

ripcord
    ripcord
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2304

More OG . Empty More OG .

Post by ripcord on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Recent find

New, never washed, 100% cotton ( non ripstop ) OG 107, circa late 1966- early 1967 Trousers, Men's , Cotton, Wind Resistant, or better known as  " jungle pants ".

These are a transition from 2nd type trousers and would be the basis for the 3rd type.

The most noticeable difference from previous and later models is the use of black colored waist cinches with black metal hardware.   The previous 2 types used a cloth tab and a button as a cinch.

Later models will have olive colored cinches with black metal hardware.  

As with everything related to the Vietnam war, there are no constants; these types trousers also have differences within their own type .

More OG . Dscn9117                                                                                                                                    

More OG . Dscn9118

More OG . Dscn9119

More OG . Dscn9120

S
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2304

More OG . Empty Re: More OG .

Post by ripcord on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:29 pm

These are nicely  faded 1967 contract jungle pants.

Unlike the pants in post # 1, these actually have a contract date.   They also have drawstings at bottom of each leg and softer points on pocket cover flaps.

As I mentioned above, early 100% cotton non ripstop jungle uniforms follow no set rule and some will have features of  previous types..

Some will have labels that are correct for 2nd type uniforms, like the label of the pants in post #1 which contrary to the label, have no leg drawstings, nor cargo pocket tie straps.

I believe these labels were simply leftover labels from 2nd type uniforms, which have no contract date at all ( all 1st types do have contract dates of 1963 or 1964 ).

More OG . Dscn9148   More OG . Dscn9149

More OG . Dscn9151 More OG . Dscn9152

More OG . Dscn9153  More OG . Dscn9154

mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 1943

Post by mylle on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Very cool stuff, like the classic OD trousers. I still miss one of those pair of ripstop trousers for my unissued 3rd type blouse. The only problem is that i need the most popular size. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:58 pm