IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

INTERNATIONAL DESERT CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS WANTED

bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

INTERNATIONAL DESERT CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS WANTED Empty INTERNATIONAL DESERT CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS WANTED

Post by bond007a1 Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:03 am

OK...I am looking for a rather lengthy list of countries that I need desert uniforms from....so I WILL begin....HOWEVER I ONLY want issue or used ones...I am NOT interested in commercial versions or cheap Asian reproductions/copies...

CANADA CADPAT DESERT CAMOUFLAGE
    CZECH REPUBLIC DESERT(NOT THE OLD COMMERCIAL DESIGN)
    DENMARK DESERT
    ESTONIA 1ST PATT DESERT
    ESTONIA DIGITAL DESERT
    GERMAN 1ST PATTERN DESERT
    IRISH DESERT
    ITALIAN COMSUBIN DESERT
    ITALIAN COMSUBIN DIGITAL DESERT
    ITALIAN FRACTAL DESERT
    JAPANESE DESERT
    LATVIAN 3 COLOUR DESERT
    LATVIAN DIGITAL DESERT
    SLOVAKIAN DESERT
    SLOVENIAN DESERT
    SWEDISH DESERT

MORE COMING!!!!!

bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

INTERNATIONAL DESERT CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS WANTED Empty Re: INTERNATIONAL DESERT CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS WANTED

Post by bond007a1 Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:07 am

SPANISH SAHARA & ??? (I HAVE THE SPANISH MARINES & 6 COLOUR DESERTS SO FAR)
    EL SALVADOR 3 COLOUR DESERT
    TONGA 3 COLOUR DESERT
    NICARAGUA 3 COLOUR DESERT
    PERU DESERT

And I am positive that there are many many more out there that I am NOT aware of or am forgetting....if anyone has any or has any contacts in acquiring ANY of these....please let me know...thanks kindly....UNFORTUNATELY I do NOT have anything to trade but I am looking to buy...

THANKS
    Steven

ejercito peru

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 1

INTERNATIONAL DESERT CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS WANTED Empty Re: INTERNATIONAL DESERT CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS WANTED

Post by ejercito peru Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:41 am

Hello. I found his place for accident. I have some uniforms of the desert of the American of the south to negotiate. Also I meet some soldiers who could have desert of the Salvador and of the Nicaragua for the selling. Allow me to see. Thank you.
    Angel
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 pm

About the Italian deserts... off the top of my head there are 5:

M90 Desert (woodland type pattern in first cut of uniform)
    M92 Desert (same pattern as above, slightly different cut)
    Fractal Desert (current issue)
    COMSUBIN/BSM Spray 1st Type (same as common temperate version)
    COMSUBIN/BSM Spray 2nd Type (larger spatters, overall orange color)

As far as I know COMSUBIN/BSM is currently using Fractal Desert. If that's wrong, anybody got a pic of what they're using?

The COMSUBIN/BSM Spray 1st Type is extremely rare. Last time I saw one sell it went for in excess of $200. I've only seen a few in many years. Years ago I had a great Italian contact that got me all kinds of rare stuff (including Spatter 2nd Type) but had no luck getting me the 1st Type. But then again... most of the uniforms on your list are damned difficult to find, so it's in good company Very Happy

Steve

Last edited by CollectinSteve on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by bond007a1 Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Steve...you lited 5 but said 6...what is the 6th one...I have 2 of the m ones...but not sure if they are the m90 or m92...I will get some pics and put them in the Italy section..

Steven

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Ah, the 6th is something I decided to leave out at the last minute. It's basically US 6 Color Desert. I've never seen any evidence of this pattern being used, and the cut of the trousers I have is not similar to any other Italian pattern, however it does have a tag in it which identifies it as property of the Italian Navy. So it's a bit of a mystery item and shouldn't get lumped in with the others until I find some evidence of what the heck it is. Likely, at most, it was an expedient picked up from a commercial source for some mission or other purpose. The label, however, was put on during manufacture and not after.

As for the differences in M90 and M92... I don't have my M90 set handy, but IIRC the M92 has small sized arm pockets while the M90 has none. I also seem to recall that the M92 came with velcro already stitched on it while M90 did not. Probably another small difference or two. Not sure if there are differences to the trousers or not.

Steve
    Belshevron
    Belshevron
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2009-05-20
    Number of posts : 57

Post by Belshevron Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Well.. I can try to get Belarussian desert camouflage (use only in peacekeeping company). Please find photo in "Belarussian camouflage" topic.
    All uniform from this topic now awailable for trade or sale (I prefer trade).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 am