IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Lizards

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Lizards Empty Lizards

Post by ripcord Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:07 pm

Green Lizard uniform recently purchased from a forum member .

Lizards Dscn1016

And a lovely Red Lizard shirt                                                                                       
                                                                                                 Lizards Dscn1017

Same basic pattern ,different colors and orientation :180 degrees.  

I call these patterns  Pidgeon Lizard .  I see a large bird looking shape in the pattern.

Lizards Dscn1018

One of the most radical patterns, IMHO.. I call this one the Blowfish patter.

Lizards Dscn1020

Lizards Dscn1022

Guessologist and TennoHeikaNate like this post

TennoHeikaNate
    TennoHeikaNate
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 322

Lizards Empty Re: Lizards

Post by TennoHeikaNate Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:47 pm

Ah, beautiful haul! Those last trousers are sometimes known in Farsi as the "atishi" (Fire) pattern, I've been hunting for a pair for a long time, they are very had to find even in Iran these days.
    The first vertical lizard sets reminds me of the Greek Marine "Seaweed" pattern uniforms also from the same time period.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:53 pm

Thank you. The pants are really something.  Pattern is awesome !  Trying to convince a friend to relinquish a complete set.. Child soldiers are sometimes  seen in Iraq war period photos wearing " Fire " variants...

Dark green set is quite unusual looking. Iranian lizard tends to favor red lizard variants over the many different homemade  lizard variants.  It does remind of Greek vertical "Seaweed"..

Lizards 706bb410

TennoHeikaNate likes this post

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:35 pm

Pidgeon patter Lizard.. Very Happy

Lizards Dscn1031

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 am