IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Current Ukrainian Camouflage Uniforms Question

Devgru8

Registration date : 2022-08-13
    Number of posts : 4

Current Ukrainian Camouflage Uniforms Question Empty Current Ukrainian Camouflage Uniforms Question

Post by Devgru8 Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:57 pm

The current Ukrainian military issued camouflaged uniforms I believe are stamped inside with size, Etc. My question is, are the volunteer battalions and Azov using the same issued uniforms or do they use commercially made copies or get whatever they find that can be used.
    Akinnen

Registration date : 2022-09-07
    Number of posts : 1

Current Ukrainian Camouflage Uniforms Question Empty Re: Current Ukrainian Camouflage Uniforms Question

Post by Akinnen Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:21 pm

Devgru8 wrote:The current Ukrainian military issued camouflaged uniforms I believe are stamped inside with size, Etc. My question is, are the volunteer battalions and Azov using the same issued uniforms or do they use commercially made copies or get whatever they find that can be used.

Sorry for late reply, but maybe it is not too late.

In end of 2014. it was flooded with surplus Flecktarn clothing, Polish vests and helmets plus covers. During 2015. it transfered to MTP, mostly surplus, but later on people would use anything MTP they could find in open market. Today you can see multicam and scorpion used, some surplus some from open market.

Lots of information you can find on Japanese guys reenacting pages:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210801043524/https://kumanori0108.militaryblog.jp/

https://twitter.com/kumanori01O8

Devgru8 likes this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Current Ukrainian Camouflage Uniforms Question Empty Re: Current Ukrainian Camouflage Uniforms Question

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:30 am

There's been many changes since the war started. There still is an Azov Brigade (officially the 12th National Guard Brigade) within the "Offensive Guard" National Guard system. They receive uniforms through the MoD and have, apparently officially, adopted multicam. I expect from whatever source and form they care to.

Parts of the sprawling pre-war Azov formations were transformed into the 3rd Assault Brigade late last year, which also incorporated some other battalions to become a true brigade. This is a normal regular army unit, therefore it is outfitted the same as any other one.

The 3rd Assault Brigade has been fighting around Bakhmut for a while now and is making very steady progress at pushing the Russians back from the . They continue to have excellent media production and regularly post on their YouTube channel. The footage tends to be some of the best (i.e. not chopped up junk with music) out there.

Steve

Devgru8 likes this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:53 pm

Coincidence. A Ukrainian friend of mine just mentioned that the reorganized Azov Brigade entered combat ops in the Zaporizhia front a couple of days ago. There should be some good images of them in combat starting later this week (news blackout is roughly a 3 day rolling period).

Steve

Devgru8 likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am