IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Looking for 1990s/2000s related Tadzhik military items & Information

Looking for 1990s/2000s related Tadzhik military items & Information  Empty Looking for 1990s/2000s related Tadzhik military items & Information

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2023 6:33 pm

Hi everyone, I'm quite new to IACMC.

However for a while I have been looking at a few forums on IACMC in regards to most Soviet and former-Soviet republics.
    Tajikistan has been one of the most interesting nations to me besides from a other few central Asian nations.
    It has been more than 5 years of looking for some 1990s and 2000s produced uniforms, equipment, patches and more, but I have not been able to find much especially on the topic of uniforms from them. Other than a ushanka, some cockades and patches I have nothing else.

So I had decided to make a IACMC account with the hopes that maybe asking on the forums for any items would help aid the search.
    I'm not certain if the rules allow me to post this topic but I am looking to gain more knowledge on their patterns, uniforms, equipment, structure and what not aswell.
    Hopefully I can finally score some items through the forums since many have suggested me to give it a try.

Looking mostly for uniforms from the 1990s and 2000s but visors, caps, equipment and what not is also welcome..

Cheers everybody :-D
    (P.S: If it's worth mentioning I am from the Netherlands)
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Looking for 1990s/2000s related Tadzhik military items & Information  Empty Re: Looking for 1990s/2000s related Tadzhik military items & Information

Post by CollectinSteve Thu May 11, 2023 12:34 am

Welcome!

I have a large collection of uniforms and have only seen definitive Tajik uniforms available for sale a few times. Uniforms from the former Soviet "Stans" are generally not easy to find, but it seems Tajik uniforms are especially difficult to source.

Reviewing my collection of Tajik pictures it seems the most common uniforms are a Woodland type (used briefly in Russia) and their own version of the Soviet KGB/BG "Stair Step" pattern. Russian Flora was also used, probably in the earlier days. I also have some pictures of Kazak digital being used.

It would be great for you to review the other threads in this section and post a new topic using your knowledge. It would be very helpful to have the different uniforms identified by dates used and who used them.

Cheers,

Steve

Looking for 1990s/2000s related Tadzhik military items & Information  Empty Re: Looking for 1990s/2000s related Tadzhik military items & Information

Post by Guest Thu May 11, 2023 9:56 am

Hello Steve!

It's an honour for me to be welcomed by you as I've seen you on most forums that I used to watch back then.
    Thank you :-)

Unfortunately Tadzhikiston is the hardest former-Soviet republic to get militaria from. The nation is one of the poorest of the bunch and suffers from very poor internet.
    Due to this there isn't much collectors in the country that are able to spread their information, photos and own collection on forums like these.
    Most things that can be found on Tadzhikiston regarding information comes out of Russian sources, that's where I've obtained most of my information about the nation and it's military things.

I have seen a few of the posts on the army photos topic and other topics on the forums about Tadzhikiston. They are certainly interesting photos but I have many more to share with all of you :-)
    If allowed I will make a new topic with the images that I have of the Tadzhik military and it's patterns.

In the meantime; Could I ask for your help in finding uniforms for sale from the nation? The only ones I know of for sale right now are the Chinese-manufactured beryozka suits which honestly do not take much of my interests since they are very cheaply made.

Best regards, Tim
    Samaruz1972
    Samaruz1972
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2020-10-11
    Number of posts : 85

Post by Samaruz1972 Sat May 20, 2023 4:53 am

Greetings!
    You can look in my topics - on the uniforms of Tajikisian and Uzbekistan in the 1990s-2000s.
    With some samples of such uniforms, I can help to purchase. sincerely, Alex.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am