IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

North Yemen patch and (Egypt?) special forces badge

Lukefromthebs
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2023-06-10
    Number of posts : 20

North Yemen patch and (Egypt?) special forces badge Empty North Yemen patch and (Egypt?) special forces badge

Post by Lukefromthebs Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:56 am

North Yemen patch and (Egypt?) special forces badge Img_2411
    North Yemen patch and (Egypt?) special forces badge Img_2410

TennoHeikaNate likes this post

yalla-yalla

Registration date : 2014-04-17
    Number of posts : 9

North Yemen patch and (Egypt?) special forces badge Empty Re: North Yemen patch and (Egypt?) special forces badge

Post by yalla-yalla Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:33 pm

Very nice pieces, thanks for sharing.
    The shield patch is indeed from North Yemen, with the single star, and says War College. It is identical to the Egyptian/UAR War College patch worn by students during the 1960s-1970s.
    The arc is nice - the cut-out letters reflect better quality manufacture compared to stamped examples. It’s a little hard to read but the first word (on the right-hand side) might say “Sa’iqa” (commandos), and the second word (on the left) probably says “al-amn” (security).

Lukefromthebs likes this post

Lukefromthebs
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2023-06-10
    Number of posts : 20

North Yemen patch and (Egypt?) special forces badge Empty Re: North Yemen patch and (Egypt?) special forces badge

Post by Lukefromthebs Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:30 am

Thanks for the information, very interesting. The arc pin was listed as Iraqi from post Ww2 period however I have a friend who said it was most likely Egyptian. I paid about 9 usd for the patch and 2 usd for the pin so I am still happy with my purchases

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm