IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms.

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2851

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. Empty Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms.

Post by ripcord Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:11 pm

A Spanish friend recently showed me these incredibly beautiful and extremely rare Amoeba uniforms and gave me permission to post them here..

They are cut similarly to French TAP47/56 and were tested by COE 51 ( Special Ops Company 51 ) stationed in Zaragosa, and also tested by a unit of the Spanish Air Force ( likely EZAPAC or it's predecessor ) in the very late 1970s.

Do enjoy...

First one up is a reversible smock, constructed with water resistant/ waterproof fabric similar to M59 uniforms.

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. 45056613

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. 45094413

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. 45092612

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. 45055210

The smock in last photo belonged to Capitan Julio Ferrer, a commander and founder of COE 51. Notice the COE qualification insignia above left chest pocket and his name tape above the other.

Cotton construction reversible lightweight Para Smock

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. 45114210

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. 45087610

Olive green canvas Para smock.

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. 45090810

Another jewel.. This early M62 is badged to a Chief Para Instructor of the Spanish Air Force Para Squadron, predecessor of EZAPAC.

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. 45109210

jimmyduncan23, Camonut314 and deltaevo978 like this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6972

Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms. Empty Re: Spanish Experimental amoeba uniforms.

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:26 am

Wow. First time I've ever seen that reversible para jacket. Pleated pockets!! That's not a normal Spanish feature, for sure.

The M62 is in gorgeous condition, which is drool worthy. But the rank badging! Unbelievable. It is stunning to me how few examples of badging for the Paras survived proportional to the uniforms.

The OD para jacket has a lot of interesting features on it. Reminds me a lot of Italian uniforms of the ame timeframe.

Steve

ripcord likes this post

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:18 am