IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

OD cap

Camosaurus
    Camosaurus
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-06-06
    Number of posts : 534

OD cap Empty OD cap

Post by Camosaurus Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:25 am

I bought this cap way back in '05 and still have not identified what this really is. Hope that you guys can help
    OD cap Picture064
    OD cap Picture066
    OD cap Picture067
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

OD cap Empty Re: OD cap

Post by 1stDivVet Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

If it's HBT, it's a WW2 field cap, if it's sateen, it's a Korean war one.. To me it looks like the HBT one.. There was an HBT one in Korea too, but the bill is longer.. These one were used by Army, Navy beach battalions, Marines, and USAF.. Yours looks nice. Mine is a piece of junk..LOL

Fins..

Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by Camosaurus Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:35 am

Thanks for the reply, here's more close up shots of the fabric used. I don't know the difference between HBT and Sateen.
    OD cap Picture069
    OD cap Picture068
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:55 am

Thats HBT.. Herring Bone Twill.. Sateen is the vietnam era cotton utilities material.. Actually, WW2 into about 76 or 77, but everyone knows the Nam era heavy cotton, green utility uniforms, so easier to describe it that way.

Fins..

Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by Camosaurus Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:08 am

Thanks for the ID! Appreciate it! Now I can sleep soundly tonight... What a Face Got this cap from a local dealer selling his wares in Ft. McArthur during the Living History weekend. He claimed it was WWII but since I had no idea what metarials were used I was skeptical. Took me an hour to buy this one. I would look at it then leave then go back and take a look at it again. My friend was laughing at the process when I finally blinked and forked out the money. The dealer also had a brand new green dominant ERDL which I didn't get. He was selling it for $250.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am