IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF Empty Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF

Post by nkomo Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Before anyone says anything, I know these boots are of Saudi Arabian manufacture. That being said, this type of boot was sometimes used by US Special Forces when they did cross-border operations. These boots were not very popular because they were cheaply made and were exceedingly uncomfortable to wear. However, they were used because of the different tread pattern on the sole compared to the US boot. From what I understand, the SF also used cardboard on the sole of US boots to mask the tread pattern. Thought some of the modern collectors might like to see what these boots looked like so they can be on the lookout for a pair.

I also have two other pairs with a slightly different design. I will dig those out and place them here for reference.
    Arch

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF 00424
    Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF 00622
    Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF 00721
    Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF 00127
    Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF 00326

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF Empty Re: Saudi Arabian Desert Boots Used by the USSF

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:06 am

Interesting boots. The soles almost resemble the tread on the older UK-issue desert boots.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am