IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USMC Modified BDU Jacket, Recon or Force Recon used (originally posted by nkomo)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

USMC Modified BDU Jacket, Recon or Force Recon used (originally posted by nkomo) Empty USMC Modified BDU Jacket, Recon or Force Recon used (originally posted by nkomo)

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:46 pm

As many of you know, I have a weakness when it comes to collecting. My weakness is modified US military jackets (Woodland, 6-Color Desert, jungle jackets, DCU's, etc.) I have really lost count as to how many I really have, but I believe the number to be close to fifty! If I see a modified jacket for under $20, I usually pick it up. Anyway, this is an oddball piece. I picked this up at a surplus shop in Ohio a year or so ago. I almost pased it up, but for $12, I couldn't leave it there all alone! So now it resides in my collection and is one of my more favorite modified jackets. I only have one other modified USMC jacket and that is a modified ERDL set that I got off Steven. Modified USMC jackets are EXTREMELY rare and if you see a legtimate one, buy it for your collection. You won't be sorry....I promise!

Anyway, here is the jacket. I believe this one dates from the mid to late 1990's. The tag is washed out, so the date is almost impossible to read. I verified with a Force Recon guy that the indeed did use jackets like this. Hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions about modified jackets, just let me know.

By the way, modified means that the soldier has taken the pockets off of the bottom of the jacket and sewn them on the sleeves. Sometimes the soldier would use pants pockets or even take pockets off of other jackets and add them to the sleeves

USMC Modified BDU Jacket, Recon or Force Recon used (originally posted by nkomo) Usmc_m10

Close up of chest pocket.

USMC Modified BDU Jacket, Recon or Force Recon used (originally posted by nkomo) Usmc_m11

Close up of sleeve pockets.

USMC Modified BDU Jacket, Recon or Force Recon used (originally posted by nkomo) Usmc_m12

Another close up of other sleeve pocket. Notice the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor embelem on the pocket.

USMC Modified BDU Jacket, Recon or Force Recon used (originally posted by nkomo) Usmc_m13

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:49 pm