IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Trial Desert DPMs

Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Trial Desert DPMs Empty Trial Desert DPMs

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:15 pm

Hello all,

I wish I could say I was adding this to my collection, but I'm not. Here's the story behind it...a gentleman in the UK contacted me through my website about a set of trial Desert DPMs. According to him, these are the last surviving set of this pattern. (I don't know what he means by that...I've seen a couple posted here.)

Here are the photos he sent.

Trial Desert DPMs Desertcamo3
    Trial Desert DPMs Desertcamo2
    Trial Desert DPMs Desertcamolabel2
    Trial Desert DPMs Desertcamolabel1

He said he'd be willing to sell them if the price was right, but also stated that he had an "independent expert" assess the set and quoted its value at close to £1000+, and would only sell if an offer close to that was made.

Obviously, £1000 is way out of my price range; but even in such great condition, is this set worth that?

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Trial Desert DPMs Empty Re: Trial Desert DPMs

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:50 pm

A thousand quid for that? I think the "independent expert" must be in Amsterdam because he's clearly smoking something Very Happy

That being said, I do know that very specialized collectors will pay absolutely ridiculous amounts of money for extremely rare, and excellent condition, items like this. But it might take years for this guy to find such a person. I remember a Belgian dealer a few years ago trying to get EUR 1400 for a set of Bundeswehr Leibermuster. I'm about as insane and crazy spender as it comes when you start waiving rare BW stuff under my nose, but I would have paid no more than EUR 800. I value the thing at $800, but it's not the seller's problem that the US Dollar is worth almost nothing these days Sad

It's a beautiful set and I do hope the seller finds a good home for them at a price he's happy with. I expect at GBP 1000 it will take him some time to do that, especially in this economy.

Thanks for sharing the pics, especially of the labels.

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Thanks for the info... I thought it was a little out there that he wanted 1000 quid for it too, but whatever...his set to sell, I guess.

lol!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am