IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SR-71 flight suit

1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

SR-71 flight suit Empty SR-71 flight suit

Post by 1stDivVet Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:12 pm

When I was growing up, one of my best friends' grandfather was a retired chief flight inspector for Rockwell International. He had started out working for Curtis-Wright putting the empenages on P-40 Warhawks and finished inspecting the heat tiles on the space shuttle. He knew most of the early test pilots and astronauts. I got to meet a lot of interesting people as a kid thru him. This turned up at a local military shop years ago. When he saw I had it, he freaked!! These were not releasable to the public at the time and the fact I had it and it had all the insignia but the nameplate floored him. It is a later model with velcro, but he verified it as the type he saw many pilots wear. It has the Mach3+, HABU, SAC, and SR-71/U2 patches as well as shoulder rank for a Major. I missed out on the pressurized helmet tho. Still pretty cool tho not ID'ed.

Fins...
    SR-71 flight suit DSC00012

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm