IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Contractor unis .

panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Contractor unis . Empty Contractor unis .

Post by panzerwerk Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:59 am

Contractor unis . SABREcontractUNI1

Contractor unis . THOMAScontractor1
    Contractor unis . THOMAScontractor2
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Contractor unis . Empty Re: Contractor unis .

Post by Easy Gee Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:48 am

Nice set,DCU's are cool,and I've no idea what the jacket in top photo is,is it a commercial private purchase,I'm guessing it's a piece of US issued kit Wink
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 am

I agree...these are VERY cool. I have been headhunting myself for some Contractor stuff Very Happy
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-04-04
    Number of posts : 351

Post by HoovieDude Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 am

Easy Gee wrote:Nice set,DCU's are cool,and I've no idea what the jacket in top photo is,is it a commercial private purchase,I'm guessing it's a piece of US issued kit Wink

Gary, the top set is some knock off brand. Bought in bulk and used by many of the Private Security Companies in Iraq for the "TCN" guards, Third Country Nationals. Usually of African or S America origin. This particular set is from Sabre International Security/Torres as you can see. They are in a partnership right now. Sabre provides the bulk of the equipment and guard personnel at the moment, and Torres provides the US personnel with security clearances for the Management staff.

I will dig up some personal pics later after work to show you some them in use.

Shane, send me your addy, and I will try to get a couple patches out this weekend. I still have a couple spare's left for you as promised. Nothing high speed, but real none the less.
    vicka1971
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-05-02
    Number of posts : 674

Post by vicka1971 Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 pm

HoovieDude wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Nice set,DCU's are cool,and I've no idea what the jacket in top photo is,is it a commercial private purchase,I'm guessing it's a piece of US issued kit Wink

Gary, the top set is some knock off brand. Bought in bulk and used by many of the Private Security Companies in Iraq for the "TCN" guards, Third Country Nationals. Usually of African or S America origin. This particular set is from Sabre International Security/Torres as you can see. They are in a partnership right now. Sabre provides the bulk of the equipment and guard personnel at the moment, and Torres provides the US personnel with security clearances for the Management staff.

Shane, send me your addy, and I will try to get a couple patches out this weekend. I still have a couple spare's left for you as promised. Nothing high speed, but real none the less.

Hi guys

Those guys ( Sabre#40) from Uganda,I saw them in Basra and Tallil Cool Cool
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by HoovieDude Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:54 pm

vicka1971 wrote:
    HoovieDude wrote:

Hi guys

Those guys ( Sabre#40) from Uganda,I saw them in Basra and Tallil Cool Cool

That was true in the past. Now the majority of them come from Sierra Leone.
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by HoovieDude Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:08 pm

A few pics of them in "action", 1st is on duty and posing for cheese points,2nd is drivers training on the 113's, which were used as the gates on the ECP's, next are some range time, and last is a friendly reminder to some on certain procedures..

Contractor unis . Guards
    Contractor unis . DSC05362
    Contractor unis . L_3ba1a40c5c452736a4b67251a46ece53
    Contractor unis . DSC04786
    Contractor unis . L_c1538aedde4a484d8fcd69991904902a
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:19 pm

M113's for gates? Im surprised they were not using Up-Armored buses!
    Contractor unis . Thumb

Great pics there Mr.Hoover!

im kind of surprised that they are using guys from Sierra Leone because of the bloody Civil wars that were fought there for about 10 that ended with UN intervention in the early 2000's

What exactly is their motive for hiring these bunches of guys from African countries for a year or two and then switching to a bunch of guys from a different country? Just moving their recruiters from place to place?
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by HoovieDude Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:03 am

Thats an easy answer Shane.... it all boils down to money. Cheaper labor and the profits companies make after all expenses are done is getting slimmer, with the contracts themselves not paying as much as they did in the past. Of course, the money the guards make would seem to us like an insult, but to them, it is more money in one month than would be seen in a year back in their home lands. At least! To some, it is even more.
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:10 am

HoovieDude wrote:Thats an easy answer Shane.... it all boils down to money. Cheaper labor. Of course, the money the guards make would seem to us like an insult, but to them, it is more money in one month than would be seen in a year back in their home lands. At least! To some, it is even more.

Aaah..the answer to almost all questions these days, especially in the world of international corporations and government contracts. I should have known.

What was your opinion of your Sierra Leoneian (how do you even spell that) counterparts? Professionals, Goofballs, or somewhere in between?
    Do you think the quality of these guys has stayed the same in the past few years or gone down with the hiring of guys from the 3rd world?
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by HoovieDude Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:19 am

misanthropic_gods wrote:
    HoovieDude wrote:Thats an easy answer Shane.... it all boils down to money. Cheaper labor. Of course, the money the guards make would seem to us like an insult, but to them, it is more money in one month than would be seen in a year back in their home lands. At least! To some, it is even more.

Aaah..the answer to almost all questions these days, especially in the world of international corporations and government contracts. I should have known.

What was your opinion of your Sierra Leoneian (how do you even spell that) counterparts? Professionals, Goofballs, or somewhere in between?
    Do you think the quality of these guys has stayed the same in the past few years or gone down with the hiring of guys from the 3rd world?

Money has been the root of many problems in this world. And unfortunately, one cannot survive to well without it.

Anyway, lets just say that many folks in the middle -lower management positions were saying how much they missed the Ugandans, which are from the 3rd world too. Only pro I noticed with the SL's, they are abit more aggressive than the Ugandans, which is important at times. But only at the right times. We'll just leave it at that.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:56 pm

HoovieDude wrote:

Shane, send me your addy, and I will try to get a couple patches out this weekend. I
    still have a couple spare's left for you as promised. Nothing high speed, but real
    none the less.

Ah nice one Dude,good info Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 pm