IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Great Uncles POW-MIA paper from the Philippine Island

My Great Uncles POW-MIA paper from the Philippine Island Empty My Great Uncles POW-MIA paper from the Philippine Island

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 am

Well I never met him and I have asked my Grandma if she had the paper of what the Army sent home saying he was a POW and MIA. And she found it today and this will be in my collection as she is giving me it. He was a Pvt and I am unsure of what divison he was or anything as I didnt want to ask questions. The paper says it all. Sorry about the bad pictures they are from my phone.

My Great Uncles POW-MIA paper from the Philippine Island Aww2
    My Great Uncles POW-MIA paper from the Philippine Island Aww22

My Great Uncles POW-MIA paper from the Philippine Island Empty Re: My Great Uncles POW-MIA paper from the Philippine Island

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:55 am

I looked up his info on NARA and says that he died as a POW at PW Camp #4 - O'Donnel Tarlac Luzon Philippines if anyone else can find info about this his serial number is 6997490 and his name is DANIEL B TOWNSEND also says he was in the Army Air Corps
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

My Great Uncles POW-MIA paper from the Philippine Island Empty Re: My Great Uncles POW-MIA paper from the Philippine Island

Post by 1stDivVet Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 am

Name: Daniel B Townsend
    Race: White
    Religion: Protestant
    Service Number: 6997490
    Inducted From: Pennsylvania
    Combat Organization: 28th Material Squadron 20th Air Base
    Death Date: 29 Apr 1942
    Monument: Fort William Mckinley, Manila, The Philippines
    Last Known Status: Buried
    Grave: d 9 122

That's all I could find.. Nice pick up Cody!!

Fins...

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Cool thanks

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 pm

I cant find any information about the 28th Material Squadron 20th Air Base I was wondering if they had patches for this squadron as I would like to have one to go with the paper to display

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 am