IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USMC Officer's medals from Vietnam

1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

USMC Officer's medals from Vietnam Empty USMC Officer's medals from Vietnam

Post by 1stDivVet Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:22 am

Group of medals from a USMC officer who served in Vietnam. The lighter was picked up att he same time and may be from the same officer. I found this at the local surplus store. Not really my thing, but the price was to good to turn down. Although I got it as part of a trade, the face value if I'd have bought them was around $30 or so. As part of the trade I had worked out, they were around $5. The guy at the surplus store actually threw in the lighter for free. He said some teenagers had wanted to buy it and he talked them into buying a zippo with a pirate instead. He told me to take it and then it'd have a proper home and be displayed, not used and abused. The medals were all mounted in a case at some point, but the sticky stuff was easy to peal off and was only on the medals themselves, not on the ribbon. Neat group regardless even if it's nothing overly special.

Fins...

USMC Officer's medals from Vietnam Scan0001

USMC Officer's medals from Vietnam Scan0002

USMC Officer's medals from Vietnam Scan0009-1

USMC Officer's medals from Vietnam Scan0014-1

Enjoy!!

Fins...

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 am