IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
CollectinSteve
Camo_fiend
Easy Gee
chevpol
Gulf91
9 posters

BGS Jacket 1

nlchmbrs

Registration date : 2011-04-24
    Number of posts : 7

BGS Jacket 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: BGS Jacket 1

Post by nlchmbrs Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:Indeed a BGS smock. It's great to see one that hasn't been sliced up at the back as most surplussed BGS smocks are.

Just bought one of these and was wondering about the slashes up the back. Mine looks as though someones sliced it open accross the back with a stanley knife and I wondered if this had been done to render it unwearable. Mine has been quite well repaired so, while not really valuable (it didn't cost me very much) it's still in pretty good shape. Is this vandalism normal?
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:16 am

Yup, done by the German government so they couldn't be easily reused. Likely repaired by a surplus outfit, such as STURM, in order to be marketable. See my post #6 on the previous page for details about the demil cuts I've seen over the years.

Steve
    nlchmbrs

Registration date : 2011-04-24
    Number of posts : 7

Post by nlchmbrs Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for that.
    It's a real shame about the damage because, otherwise, it looks unused. Can you tell me what the perforated straps are for on the inside of the jacket, below the armpits? Also, are the slits under the waterproof shoulder material just for ventilation? And are the D-rings for attaching a bread bag?

Thank you in anticipation.

P.S. I've got a Sumpftarn Parka on the way I found on ebay.de. I'll try to post a piccy or two when it arrives. I think this is one of my favorite camo patterns.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:07 am