IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
silversurfer
panzerwerk
Easy Gee
CamoDeafie
Gulf91
9 posters

Why all the unissued US MICH ACH Helmets on Ebay UK????

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Why all the unissued US MICH ACH Helmets on Ebay UK???? Empty Why all the unissued US MICH ACH Helmets on Ebay UK????

Post by Gulf91 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:14 am

Why in the last few months do HUNDREDS of unissued US MICH ACH helmets appeared on Ebay UK for sale???

A few dodgy trades i could understand between GI and Squaddie but how come such quantities have appeared?
    CamoDeafie
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Steven Blankenheim
    Registration date : 2009-04-06
    Number of posts : 214

Why all the unissued US MICH ACH Helmets on Ebay UK???? Empty Re: Why all the unissued US MICH ACH Helmets on Ebay UK????

Post by CamoDeafie Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 am

airsofters selling their gear. Wink (simplest explanation I could think of)
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Why all the unissued US MICH ACH Helmets on Ebay UK???? Empty Re: Why all the unissued US MICH ACH Helmets on Ebay UK????

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Airsoft lids no,Stolen goods maybe...it's the same for MTP clothing, it's not been realeased to the public yet, so why are there hundreds of Smocks, Jackets, trousers etc,etc.
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:45 pm

a few months ago , a huge amount of these helmets were recalled from the Military for some kind of factory mistakes , they did not pass Government inspections , these may some of those recalled helmets that were already out of the United States , as the ones still here were scheduled for destruction and disposal , I am just guessing , but I had a feeling some of these would show up like this .
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Here is the Article:

CLICK HERE
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 am

panzerwerk wrote:Here is the Article:

CLICK HERE

That probably solves the mystery as to why there are hundreds on Ebay UK-just wish i was lucky enough to have been able to buy one of them direct Razz Razz
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 am

Seems to be more and more of these appearing every day with a lot on offer from individual sellers(not trade or business sellers) who seem to have 10+ of these helmets on offer so am very puzzled as to why/how so many appeared in the UK and who the Mr Big is-the main wholeseller of these in the UK????

I finally managed to get one for a price i was willing to pay and looks like an unissued one complete with manual and having checked on the Gentex website it appears to NOT be one of the recalled helmets according to the batch number but has had something applied by black marker pen to the inside.
    silversurfer
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-08-18
    Number of posts : 42

Post by silversurfer Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:49 pm

panzerwerk wrote:a few months ago , a huge amount of these helmets were recalled from the Military for some kind of factory mistakes

Think of the surprise the eBay wearer gets when hit and it fails. You would think selling a recalled item should be a criminal offense. Let alone shipping armor to overseas buyers in possible violation of ITAR, that’s eBay for you. Feel sorry for all those buyers.
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Post by DS9ACU Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:12 am

Think of the surprise the eBay wearer gets when hit and it fails. You would think selling a recalled item should be a criminal offense. Let alone shipping armor to overseas buyers in possible violation of ITAR, that’s eBay for you. Feel sorry for all those buyers.

Unless there collectors, airsofters, paintballers, reenactors etc
    Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-11-17
    Number of posts : 66

Post by Flecktarn Australia Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:07 am

I bought one. It is a 2009 GENTEX ACH helmet with booklet and pre drilled hole for NVG mount. The 3/4" GENTEX standard pads that come with it are very uncomfortable. You will notice the only size being sold on ebay from UK is size medium. Too small for most heads I believe. I am a "L" size head and even with the optional diagonal 4 pad arrangement the bloody thing is tight. With all pads in, the thing is way too small. Perhaps that might be some sort of a reason? Complete wild guess.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:10 am

Flecktarn Australia wrote:I bought one. It is a 2009 GENTEX ACH helmet with booklet and pre drilled hole for NVG mount. The 3/4" GENTEX standard pads that come with it are very uncomfortable. You will notice the only size being sold on ebay from UK is size medium. Too small for most heads I believe. I am a "L" size head and even with the optional diagonal 4 pad arrangement the bloody thing is tight. With all pads in, the thing is way too small. Perhaps that might be some sort of a reason? Complete wild guess.

Have a look on the Gentex website-reason given is the coating on a batch of screws but still doesnt mention how they all ended up in the UK Laughing Laughing Laughing

I agree regarding size,i wear a 58 and my Gentex Medium is WAY,WAY too small with even with rearanging the pads.

The SDS one i have is a large and much better-also has much softer pads but it sued whereas the Gentex is new.
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Great. Now many airsofters will paint them up to be SF lids. Mad

Why all the unissued US MICH ACH Helmets on Ebay UK???? Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-11-17
    Number of posts : 66

Post by Flecktarn Australia Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:29 am

Gulf91 wrote:
    Flecktarn Australia wrote:I bought one. It is a 2009 GENTEX ACH helmet with booklet and pre drilled hole for NVG mount. The 3/4" GENTEX standard pads that come with it are very uncomfortable. You will notice the only size being sold on ebay from UK is size medium. Too small for most heads I believe. I am a "L" size head and even with the optional diagonal 4 pad arrangement the bloody thing is tight. With all pads in, the thing is way too small. Perhaps that might be some sort of a reason? Complete wild guess.

Have a look on the Gentex website-reason given is the coating on a batch of screws but still doesnt mention how they all ended up in the UK Laughing Laughing Laughing

I agree regarding size,i wear a 58 and my Gentex Medium is WAY,WAY too small with even with rearanging the pads.

The SDS one i have is a large and much better-also has much softer pads but it sued whereas the Gentex is new.

I just got a set of SKYDEX 3/4" replacement pads and they are MUCH softer than the stock standard Gentex and lo and behold, the helmet actually fits me pretty good now with the Skydex ones in it. My head size is 59 - size L.
    bravo_2_zero
    bravo_2_zero
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2009-04-16
    Number of posts : 812

Post by bravo_2_zero Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:44 pm

It's like the USAF goretex tiger jackets, they are now flooding eBay , I picked one up still sealed for £30.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Yep,the MICH helmets seem to have pretty much dried up now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 8:48 pm