IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Camo_fiend
Easy Gee
6 posters

My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers. Empty My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers.

Post by Easy Gee Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:43 pm

G'day Mate's.

As the title states here is My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers.Dated 2006 and named to Sam Adams, feel free to comment or query Wink My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers. Dsc04039My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers. Dsc04040My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers. Dsc04041My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers. Dsc04042My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers. Dsc04043
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers. Empty Re: My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers.

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Sam Adams is a brand of beer here in the States. Also one of our past president's names. Okay, my useless trivia quota for the day has been met. pirat

Very nice uniform, Gary. The fact that these are the current issue makes them even neater!

Were these a lucky eBay find? I have been looking for some DPDUs for quite awhile. They always seem to slip through my fingers... they're either out of budget at the time I find them, or someone with a quicker bidding finger than me snaps them up. Laughing

Thanks for sharing these!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers. Empty Re: My 4th Pattern Land 125 DPDU Jacket and trousers.

Post by Easy Gee Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:11 am

Camo_fiend wrote:Sam Adams is a brand of beer here in the States. Also one of our past president's names. Okay, my useless trivia quota for the day has been met. pirat

Very nice uniform, Gary. The fact that these are the current issue makes them even neater!

Were these a lucky eBay find? I have been looking for some DPDUs for quite awhile. They always seem to slip through my fingers... they're either out of budget at the time I find them, or someone with a quicker bidding finger than me snaps them up. Laughing

Thanks for sharing these!

Hi Ben.

Thanks for the name trivia Mate, and yeah these were another Ebay find. Cool

On arrival I was initially disappointed as these are not the one's picture by the seller, but when I found the labels I was pleasantly surprised, and got over my feelings of annoyance immediately.

Like yourself I have been looking out for and being unlucky in not snagging some, I won these at the last second because I put down a stupid amount...and won them ( then freaked at the price!!!).

I am very curious about the colour choices on the bunnies/jelly beans , only ever seeing pictures before, I am a mystified why the OZ gov chose a Lilac, Lemon grey/blue and chocolate combo, but again in pics this camo appears to be very effective in Desert environments...I would be very happy to find out a bit more about the developments of the design behind this colour scheme.

These are the most bizarre coloured cammies I own so far, of course now I have to add a Boonie to complete this set...god where will it end Laughing

Cheers Ben and thanks for looking Mate Wink
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2011-07-29
    Number of posts : 1482

Post by jimmyduncan23 Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:58 am

it is fairly easy to answer about the colours in the dpdu as i wore these overseas,the purple is on the uniform because you cannot see that colour in heat haze so great for desert area's ,the others were common colours found in desert enviroments
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:23 am

jimmyduncan23 wrote:it is fairly easy to answer about the colours in the dpdu as i wore these overseas,the purple is on the uniform because you cannot see that colour in heat haze so great for desert area's ,the others were common colours found in desert enviroments

Hi Jimmy.

Thanks Mate it's great to have confirmation of the colour choice from someone who wore this kit.

And the heat haze aspect makes a lot of sense for the purple..the other colours I can see how they would fit in well.

Cheers Mate, nice one Wink
    lammasulyon
    lammasulyon
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Henry G
    Registration date : 2010-07-13
    Number of posts : 368

Post by lammasulyon Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:10 am

nice... just add some patches and it will look super
    peace_benny5405
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-02-11
    Number of posts : 206

Post by peace_benny5405 Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:45 am

good catch mate
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:16 pm

lammasulyon wrote:nice... just add some patches and it will look super

Thanks Henry, what patches should I look out for ??

Thanks for looking Mate!!
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:17 pm

peace_benny5405 wrote:good catch mate

Hi Mate, glad you like them, and thanks for looking!!!
    lammasulyon
    lammasulyon
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Henry G
    Registration date : 2010-07-13
    Number of posts : 368

Post by lammasulyon Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:08 pm

mate, assuming this sam bloke is an army soldier, on the left sleeve should have dpdu rising sun biscuit patch, than an ANF dpdu patch...on the right sleeves, just take a look into defence images to get an idea what kind of patches they wear with dpdu's
    .rank slides are harder to get though. theres a bloke on ebay that makes custom dpdu nametapes.

http://www.colourpatch.com/ a good website for patches

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:24 pm

lammasulyon wrote:mate, assuming this sam bloke is an army soldier, on the left sleeve should have dpdu rising sun biscuit patch, than an ANF dpdu patch...on the right sleeves, just take a look into defence images to get an idea what kind of patches they wear with dpdu's
    .rank slides are harder to get though. theres a bloke on ebay that makes custom dpdu nametapes.

http://www.colourpatch.com/ a good website for patches

Thanks for the reply and for the link Mate, nice one Very Happy

Like you I assume this Adams bloke was Army, so it will be good if I can source some appropraite patches to complete this kit, I will have to check out the postage to Pomland, if it's not to bad I might get some stuff from colourpatch, as I have yet to see any patches over here.

Thanks again Henry, you have saved me a lot of hassle searching for sellers of Oz patches Very Happy Cool
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Wouldn't be so sure this 'Adams' guy is army, at least not Australian Army. Usual convention for guys to mark their gear is to use the first three letters of their surname coupled with the last three digits of their service number - hence 2512576 PTE. Smith would mark his gear as 'SMI576'
    It's *very* unusual for a soldier to mark his clothing with his full name (and no number).
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2011-07-29
    Number of posts : 1482

Post by jimmyduncan23 Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Not really i havent seen many people do that since basic training all guys i know just put there name like as on the shirt
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:28 am

filupe wrote:Wouldn't be so sure this 'Adams' guy is army, at least not Australian Army. Usual convention for guys to mark their gear is to use the first three letters of their surname coupled with the last three digits of their service number - hence 2512576 PTE. Smith would mark his gear as 'SMI576'
    It's *very* unusual for a soldier to mark his clothing with his full name (and no number).

jimmyduncan23 wrote:Not really i havent seen many people do that since basic training all guys i know just put there name like as on the shirt

Filupe, I understand what what your saying here, it is the same with Brit zap numbers, but I have MANY examples of DDPM and MTP where the sqauddies have just written their name ,either surname, full name or in some cases a nickname in the garment, minus any zap number......which leads nicley onto me saying ..thanks Jimmy for the confirmation that zap numbers do not always appear on issued kit..and is often the case the bloke will just write his name .. which proves that it is not that"unusaul" in fact it may just be quite common!

Cheers Guys.
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 am

filupe wrote:

Not quite back-peddling, but this is what I *personally* have observed and come across. If your observations are different then I have no problem taking your word for it and will alter my generic perceptions accordingly.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:58 am

filupe wrote:
    filupe wrote:

Not quite back-peddling, but this is what I *personally* have observed and come across. If your observations are different then I have no problem taking your word for it and will alter my generic perceptions accordingly.

No worries Mate we all make mistakes!!!

I have confirmation from a number of sources now ( Australian serving troops) that this form of personal ID, is common practise, of course there will be exceptions to this , and I'm sure zap numbers are still used in OZ kit.

I was a little surprised that these pieces authenticity were in question, but I accept your alterations of your preconceptions all the same..no hard feelings ..it's only a unifrom not the end of the world. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 pm