IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Platypus44
lammasulyon
filupe
2/1kiwi
Feindflug
Flecktarn Australia
10 posters

NZ SAS and Multicam

Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-11-17
    Number of posts : 66

NZ SAS and Multicam Empty NZ SAS and Multicam

Post by Flecktarn Australia Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:21 am

Am curious - Aussie SAS recently in the news over their US made Multicam ACUs a) being wrong sizes - all too small, b) falling apart (not well made) Since NZ SAS is wearing Multicam too, anyone know a) are they using US sourced ones, like the Australians too? b) if so, what is the brand is it TRU-SPEC by any chance? c) are they experiencing the same problems?
    Feindflug
    Feindflug
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Jens
    Registration date : 2009-07-09
    Number of posts : 171

NZ SAS and Multicam Empty Re: NZ SAS and Multicam

Post by Feindflug Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:00 am

according to the pictures leaked on the Taliban attack of a hotel in Kabul showing some NZ SAS operators they seem to be wearing the US made Crye Percision AC Combat pants and shirts (aka Gen II).
    Other pictures available via Google show alternative manufacturers tops.

As with the Aust SAS guys my guess is they wear what they 1. like to (freedom of choice), 2. find the most practical and 3. the easiest to get hands on.

Cheers
    Jens
    2/1kiwi
    2/1kiwi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Dan
    Registration date : 2011-03-03
    Number of posts : 368

Post by 2/1kiwi Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:38 pm

I have a issue NZ Multicam shirt tags are platatac, with trial on them, will post some pics when i get home.

Cheers Dan
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Australians have been running with Platatac made Multicams for about a year now. There is some speculation whether: a.) SASR are still running with Crye made garments, and b.) the problems associated with the recent uniforms are to do with the Platatac or the imported Crye uniforms.

Pictorial evidence has revealed Platatac garments are definitely used by at least 2 CDO and the IRR.
    Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Flecktarn Australia Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:51 pm

filupe wrote:Australians have been running with Platatac made Multicams for about a year now. There is some speculation whether: a.) SASR are still running with Crye made garments, and b.) the problems associated with the recent uniforms are to do with the Platatac or the imported Crye uniforms.

Pictorial evidence has revealed Platatac garments are definitely used by at least 2 CDO and the IRR.

PLATATAC is not the brand, that is the company that imports them. Platatac carry Tru-Spec brand ACUs. We have a place called WARLORD in Sydney that carries product including Tru-Spec, Propper, 5.11 etc. I got a Crye MICH helmet cover off them very recently.
    filupe
    filupe

Post by filupe Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:41 pm

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Platatac is a manufacturer, I spoke with their CEO at the last Avalon Airshow and he said they were flat out making garments for (then) 2 CDO's next rotation. Granted they may be made overseas but at least in the case of Multicam, I don't think Platatac are re-selling. It was quoted to me by a 2 CDO operator that the Crye sets cost the govt $720 each.

Close ups of the testimonial pictures of the last couple of SF casualties, one from 2 CDO and one from IRR, clearly show the Platatac label on their Multicam shirts (which are on the exterior).
    lammasulyon
    lammasulyon
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Henry G
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by lammasulyon Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:09 am

whatever happen to the blokes that were going round claiming platatac products were not up to scratch? having been told that SOTGs are now issued with platatacs, i assume that their cleared their rep?
    2/1kiwi
    2/1kiwi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by 2/1kiwi Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:53 am

filupe wrote:I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Platatac is a manufacturer, I spoke with their CEO at the last Avalon Airshow and he said they were flat out making garments for (then) 2 CDO's next rotation. Granted they may be made overseas but at least in the case of Multicam, I don't think Platatac are re-selling. It was quoted to me by a 2 CDO operator that the Crye sets cost the govt $720 each.

Close ups of the testimonial pictures of the last couple of SF casualties, one from 2 CDO and one from IRR, clearly show the Platatac label on their Multicam shirts (which are on the exterior).

yup mine has the tags on the bottom outer of the shirt.
    Feindflug
    Feindflug
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Feindflug Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:18 am

I can definitly back Filupe up on his information!! Twisted Evil
    Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Flecktarn Australia Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:08 pm

filupe wrote:I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Platatac is a manufacturer, I spoke with their CEO at the last Avalon Airshow and he said they were flat out making garments for (then) 2 CDO's next rotation. Granted they may be made overseas but at least in the case of Multicam, I don't think Platatac are re-selling. It was quoted to me by a 2 CDO operator that the Crye sets cost the govt $720 each.

Just because it has a tag on it does not mean it is manufactured by them.

Tru-Spec is one of Platatac's product lines. It's listed as a brand they carry on their website (amongst others)

Platatac is not listed as a manufacturer on the Crye website's list of manufacturers

Based on this revelation I bet Platatac bring them in from somewhere (Tru-Spec?) with their own tag on them then - like Wellington Disposals in Perth does with their own "brand" of ACUS and BDUs that we can buy exactly the same elsewhere under different brands (or no-names brands.) Common and usual in import/export.

Other Special Forces units from other countries are getting theirs from China.

So it looks like NZ is using the Platatac labelled ones?
    2/1kiwi
    2/1kiwi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by 2/1kiwi Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Flecktarn Australia wrote:

Tru-Spec is one of Platatac's product lines. It's listed as a brand they carry on their website (amongst others)

Platatac is not listed as a manufacturer on the Crye website's list of manufacturers

Based on this revelation I bet Platatac bring them in from somewhere (Tru-Spec?) with their own tag on them then - like Wellington Disposals in Perth does with their own "brand" of ACUS and BDUs that we can buy exactly the same elsewhere under different brands (or no-names brands.) Common and usual in import/export.

I Have the under armour shirt(UBACS?) platatac labeled and have th seen the smock and tro all platatac labeled NZSAS Trial
    filupe
    filupe

Post by filupe Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Based on this revelation I bet Platatac bring them in from somewhere (Tru-Spec?) with their own tag on them.

You bet? Tell you what, how about you ring Platatac direct and ask them: (03) 9024 7500 Ask for Ben, the CEO. I'm sure we'd all be interested in the outcome of your conversation ...

Perhaps you'd care to share what evidence you have of this ... and why there are no Chinese manufacturers on Crye's list?
    Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Flecktarn Australia Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:47 am

filupe wrote:
    Based on this revelation I bet Platatac bring them in from somewhere (Tru-Spec?) with their own tag on them.

You bet? Tell you what, how about you ring Platatac direct and ask them: (03) 9024 7500 Ask for Ben, the CEO. I'm sure we'd all be interested in the outcome of your conversation ...

Perhaps you'd care to share what evidence you have of this ... and why there are no Chinese manufacturers on Crye's list?

There are Chinese manufacturers on Cryes list: VOODOO TACTICAL is made in China; CONDOR OUTDOOR is made in China - they have had a license from Crye Precision to make MultiCam products since 2007; ROTHCO's "Ultra Force" products are made in China including their Multicam goods - have a look at the label. There is nothing wrong with something being made in China. The Chinese have better technology than any other country in the world in manufacturing. And you (the manufactuer) can CHOOSE to have something made extremely well (expensive) or extremely cheap and nasty. (cheap.)

The "nationality" of the company that sells something is not necessarily the nationality of the manufacturer. Many of SONY's products are made in China yet we all think of Sony as being "Japanese" don't we? The whole point of this discussion is: WHERE ARE THE NZ SAS GETTING THERE MULTICAM ACUS FROM, and it looks like they are Platatac, the same as Australia. So the question is still unsanswered: where are they made? Possibly by Tru-Spec in USA or perhaps somewhere else??? Because whoever is making them isn't making them too well, going by the feedback from troops who are wearing them. Or has that changed?

Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Flecktarn Australia Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:09 am

2/1kiwi wrote:

I Have the under armour shirt(UBACS?) platatac labeled and have th seen the smock and tro all platatac labeled NZSAS Trial

Interesting - love to see a pic. Does it say where it is made?

Last edited by Flecktarn Australia on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made a mistake)
    2/1kiwi
    2/1kiwi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by 2/1kiwi Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Can barely read the tag, the shirt is well used lol, will post a pic when i get home am away at the moment.

Chers
    Dan
    Platypus44
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-11-24
    Number of posts : 23

Post by Platypus44 Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:22 am

Hi BDC here CEO of Platypus Outdoors Group home of PLATATAC ,
    i see some mis information here.
    Whilst we cant comment on who , where , what we make gear for rest assured all PLATATAC Multicam is ex USA and legitimate.
    We make a number of Cuts of garments depending on clients requirements.Some of this kit is public domain ie on our web site, some in fact alot is on the Aust Defence web site, there have also been recent phots of our ANZAC cousins wearing PLATATAC head to toe , including our armour cover.
    An arm chair forum devotee should not make assumptions based on the 10 % of visible PLATATAC on line, those who have undertaken the HQ tour will tesify[ there are some on here who have.]
    i welcome anyone passing through Melb to get in touch we will show you some things to blow your hair back.

My Special Projects dev team [ including myself]take immense pride in what we do and who we serve , we have strived for 23 years to earn the right to do so.
    Whilst others have ridden on our backs to a degree, we dont deny utilising ideas from our US and UK brothers, we are about a constant drive for improvement and this is proven by our sales from International forces.

Thanks for your interest , one day we can show you more , the Platypus Historical Collection is pretty crazy there are lots of things that forums would say dont exist.

From humble beginnings 23 years ago we are doing some great things for our end users.

We keep an open ear and mind , our guys doing the hard jobs are too important to let down

cheers

BDC

Platypus44
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-11-24
    Number of posts : 23

Post by Platypus44 Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:23 am

on another note we have identified at least 3 Aust suppliers selling fake multicam , so if it seems to cheap to be real it probably isnt.
    Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Flecktarn Australia Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:20 am

Platypus44 wrote:Hi BDC here CEO of Platypus Outdoors Group home of PLATATAC ,
    i see some mis information here.
    Whilst we cant comment on who , where , what we make gear for rest assured all PLATATAC Multicam is ex USA and legitimate.
    We make a number of Cuts of garments depending on clients requirements.Some of this kit is public domain ie on our web site, some in fact alot is on the Aust Defence web site, there have also been recent phots of our ANZAC cousins wearing PLATATAC head to toe , including our armour cover.
    An arm chair forum devotee should not make assumptions based on the 10 % of visible PLATATAC on line, those who have undertaken the HQ tour will tesify[ there are some on here who have.]
    i welcome anyone passing through Melb to get in touch we will show you some things to blow your hair back.

My Special Projects dev team [ including myself]take immense pride in what we do and who we serve , we have strived for 23 years to earn the right to do so.
    Whilst others have ridden on our backs to a degree, we dont deny utilising ideas from our US and UK brothers, we are about a constant drive for improvement and this is proven by our sales from International forces.

Thanks for your interest , one day we can show you more , the Platypus Historical Collection is pretty crazy there are lots of things that forums would say dont exist.

From humble beginnings 23 years ago we are doing some great things for our end users.

We keep an open ear and mind , our guys doing the hard jobs are too important to let down

cheers

BDC

I think it is very kind of you to communicate that. Thank you for that. Much appreciated. I am in manufacturing too. And my products are brought in too. The news story that was run a while back sounds like they might have got their first batch from elsewhere (not you!) and things have moved on from there... that was the point of my question in the first place and my curiosity about whether it was the same for the Kiwis.
    Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Flecktarn Australia Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:24 am

Platypus44 wrote:on another note we have identified at least 3 Aust suppliers selling fake multicam , so if it seems to cheap to be real it probably isnt.

RAP4 in America sells it as "6 color desert" and it is pretty cheap. Wellington Disposals in Perth have Multicam products, I was there last month for a gander. Can't remember if there was a tag on there or not (didnt actually look!) I know Warlord sells the Tru-Spec stuff here in Sydney. They are just round the corner from Moorebank - ACUs and BDUs. I thought BDUs weren't what anyone was using these days, so quite surprised to see BDUs there as well.
    2/1kiwi
    2/1kiwi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by 2/1kiwi Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:44 pm

NZ Issue Multicam shirt as issued to the swift and silent Very Happy
    Given to me by a serving member and my cousin.
    Also a trop MTP set he snagged off someone and wore while he was in Afghan.
    Flag didnt come with shirt.
    Tags are platatac
    can make out XL
    Trial
    made in Austrailia
    SN?-842 60-158-1229

Very hard to make out.

Cheers Dan

NZ SAS and Multicam Dsc08299

NZ SAS and Multicam Dsc08300w

NZ SAS and Multicam Dsc08301w

Last edited by 2/1kiwi on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Flecktarn Australia
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Flecktarn Australia Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:17 pm

2/1kiwi wrote:NZ Issue Multicam shirt as issued to the swift and silent Very Happy
    Given to me by a serving member and my cousin.
    Also a trop MTP set he snagged off someone and wore while he was in Afghan.
    Flag didnt come with shirt.
    Tags are platatac
    can make out XL
    Trial
    made in Austrailia
    SN?-842 60-158-1229

Very hard to make out.

Cheers Dan

NZ SAS and Multicam Dsc08299

NZ SAS and Multicam Dsc08300w

NZ SAS and Multicam Dsc08301w

Awesome dude. No pockets? UBACS? Like the MTP one too.
    2/1kiwi
    2/1kiwi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by 2/1kiwi Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Yeah UBACS, pockets on sleeves, slots for pads.

Cheers
    Dan
    2/1RNZIR
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-11-09
    Number of posts : 143

Post by 2/1RNZIR Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Tin ass!
    2/1kiwi
    2/1kiwi
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by 2/1kiwi Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:49 am

If you got anything shiny bro i could maybe send it you way???
    Feindflug
    Feindflug
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Feindflug Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 am

this little treasure crossed my way the other day and I couldn't let it pass by.

NZ SAS and Multicam Pcpmc

It's not a Crye combat pants but a PlatATac one, which was sported by the guys of NZ SAS as seen in the following pictures
    NZ SAS and Multicam 3251768
    here the guy on the right
    NZ SAS and Multicam X800s

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:09 am