IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Elite and Elite Pictorial: story of the Rhodesian SAS

zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

The Elite and Elite Pictorial: story of the Rhodesian SAS Empty The Elite and Elite Pictorial: story of the Rhodesian SAS

Post by zvez Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Knew I had some pics around. Here's a photo of the exc. books by Barbara Cole, The Elite on the right this is limited edition one open to sigs page, and the Pictorial onthe left. That's the pic I mentioned of the SAS guy who carried a cutdown rpd, wearing an SA helmet.

Also, theh bookmark that came with the limited edition, and a couple flyers advertising the books for sale.

A huge portion of my collection over the years went to Ryuta Tsuji in Japan who amassed quite a collection.

And just for grins, this is an autographed pic of the great man himself Ian Smith, when he came to Lake Tahoe for a Rhodesian Veterans association meet ca. 83-84 I think, he signed it. I had the great honor of staying as a guest in his house in Harare on a couple of my trips, Mr. Smith and his wife Janet were super people. They even had thanksgiving dinner for us while we were there as I was there over a thanksgiving. He was still a member of Zimbabwe Parliament then when Mugabe was trying to fool the world that they had a democratic govt. in zimbabwe. Irony of all, Mr. Smith's house was right next door to the Cuban embassy, everytime we'd come or go, a number of Cuban thugs, er, security would come out and watch us!

Chris

The Elite and Elite Pictorial: story of the Rhodesian SAS Rhod_e10
    The Elite and Elite Pictorial: story of the Rhodesian SAS Rhodia10
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

The Elite and Elite Pictorial: story of the Rhodesian SAS Empty Re: The Elite and Elite Pictorial: story of the Rhodesian SAS

Post by nkomo Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:45 am

zvez wrote:A huge portion of my collection over the years went to Ryuta Tsuji in Japan who amassed quite a collection.
    Chris
    Was he the fellow that used to advertise in Shotgun News asking for Rhodesian items?

Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

The Elite and Elite Pictorial: story of the Rhodesian SAS Empty Re: The Elite and Elite Pictorial: story of the Rhodesian SAS

Post by zvez Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:42 am

i don't really recall, could be tho.

Chris

nkomo wrote:
    zvez wrote:A huge portion of my collection over the years went to Ryuta Tsuji in Japan who amassed quite a collection.
    Chris
    Was he the fellow that used to advertise in Shotgun News asking for Rhodesian items?
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

Post by kammo-man Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Nice show mate !!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm