IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Danish urban camo ?

Tophe
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-05-25
    Number of posts : 35

Danish urban camo ? Empty Danish urban camo ?

Post by Tophe Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Here is an assault vest I found some years ago :

Danish urban camo ? 120107064540951479270709

Danish urban camo ? 120107064541951479270711

It's danish M/84 pattern with urban colour : Black, Medium grey, ultra light grey
    The producer, Dupont Design, is from Denmark, right ?
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

Danish urban camo ? Empty Re: Danish urban camo ?

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Dupont Design does make private purchase and commercial stuff, just like Arktis and others. I really do wish some military would adopt an urban Flectkarn officially because I love the look, but don't collect non-military stuff Very Happy

Steve
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Tophe, a great vest! Have never seen one in 'urban' colours!

I think Dupont Design went belly up a few years ago, and many Danish dealers had an ax to grind with the guy behind, as many orders were snuffed and payments didn't get returned.

But they did extremly well made uniform parts in Danish, Swedish and German desert camo + bits in 'urban flecktarn'.

I had both a smock and pants in the black, white and grey spot camo, but sold them because they were commercial and not army issue.

But I will be interested in Polish AT3 'Plamiak' in the same colour scheme! It's a very cool camo!

Last edited by saltefanden on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling, as per usual)
    Jacob Dupont

Registration date : 2012-07-21
    Number of posts : 2

Post by Jacob Dupont Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:44 am

Hi everybody,

My name is Jacob Dupont and I was the creater and owner of Dupont Design Defense Systems back in 1997.

Tophe, I don't know how you got your hands on one of these vests, but I congratulate you. We just made about 10 or less of them. A few were sent to Austrian Jagdkommando for whom this project was made. Very little of the fabric was ever printed, and it was my idea. As we of course printed a lot of Danish M/84 camo, we substituted the colors with the black, dark and light grey.

The vest itself is a project I designed for the Italian air defense group, as they put priority on a side arm while seated in the cars.

Regarding "Saltefanden"s salty comments about going belly up, well, funny that the things you "think" become a fact for you, right? At the time I chose to stop the company for reasons far beyond your understanding, we had exactly ONE Danish dealer called Infwear, not "many" and he was actually the one who owed us money, which eventually was recovered several years after. No orders were "snuffed" whatever that means, and no orders were not honoured.

About what my company did was also well beyond what you know, since your knowledge seems to stop at the Danish border. My company was a supplier to several European special forces in the police, navy, army and airforce in 9 different countries when one day I decided to trust Romanian people and their capacity in production and honesty in general. Big mistake!

Best regards,

Jacob Dupont
    Former CEO, Dupont Design Defense Systems

HEB likes this post

saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:34 am

Dear Jacob,

I am too 'young' in collecting camouflaged gear, to ever have known your company or it's products, when it was still operating. And only reason I heard a lot of stories, actually from several Danish dealers, was exactly because I looked high and low for your very fine products, and asked why-oh-why no more could be had.
    And yep, I shouldn't be spreading hear-say like that an appologize for any implied ineptitudes from your hand!
    I was/am a big fan of the gear you put out, and have several pieces in many differant camouflage schemes, like I mentioned; they are all in unsurpassed quality, and I'm still sorry Dupont Design is not in business!

All the very best
    Ronny
    Tophe
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-05-25
    Number of posts : 35

Post by Tophe Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Dear Jacob,

Thank you for the information.
    I get the vest from a french guy and he say me it was supposed to have been tested by a french special police unit (RAID or GIGN, I don't remember). They possibly have 2 or 3 of them (if I remember).

when I look for information about Dupont Design, I found references from Denmark and... Romania.

Christophe
    Jacob Dupont

Registration date : 2012-07-21
    Number of posts : 2

Post by Jacob Dupont Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Hello Christophe,

That sounds interesting ! Would you know if it was someone from Lyon ? A company called Geopack ?

If you like to read an article about the company while we still were in Italy, you can look at www.ibssa.org/static/sportivo/march_2003.pdf - by the way, the guy in the photo who they write is me, is not me !

Best regards,

Jacob
    deltaevo978
    deltaevo978
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2012-04-13
    Number of posts : 206

Post by deltaevo978 Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:10 pm

i resurrect this post

Danish urban camo ? Img_4715
    Danish urban camo ? Img_4717
    Danish urban camo ? Img_4716
    deltaevo978
    deltaevo978
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by deltaevo978 Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:11 pm

Danish urban camo ? Img_4719
    Danish urban camo ? Img_4718
    deltaevo978
    deltaevo978
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by deltaevo978 Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:14 pm

Here's the previous mentioned vest issued to some units of Italian Army

Danish urban camo ? Img_4720
    Danish urban camo ? Img_4721

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:31 pm