IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Tyler Flint
Philip
SAL
sobota
8 posters

My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt

sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Empty My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt

Post by sobota Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:05 pm

My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0817
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0819
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0820
    SAL
    SAL
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Thomas
    Registration date : 2011-10-19
    Number of posts : 142

My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Empty Re: My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt

Post by SAL Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Very nice!
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Empty Re: My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt

Post by sobota Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks SAL!
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:17 am

SAL wrote:Very nice!
    +1

Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Post by Tyler Flint Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:55 am

Nice set Smile
    Albano
    Albano
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-02
    Number of posts : 236

Post by Albano Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Best regards

Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-08-15
    Number of posts : 327

Post by Raptor Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:07 am

Very nice. Very Happy
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks for the comments guys! Im pretty sure these have been up before on here but if anyone wants any close ups or details please feel free to ask! (ive done the smock thoroughly in the thread titled 'MTP PCS Smock')
    Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Raptor Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 am

sobota wrote:Thanks for the comments guys! Im pretty sure these have been up before on here but if anyone wants any close ups or details please feel free to ask! (ive done the smock thoroughly in the thread titled 'MTP PCS Smock')
    Could you do the same with the Lightweight jacket???
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:07 pm

I can indeed! I'll aim to have them up in a couple of hours
    Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Raptor Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Sweet.Thanks.
    I am curious also about the UK kit sizing system.Ye do everything in Centimetres right.We(Irish DF)use inches for our trousers and generic sizes for our shirts,smocks etc.IE 36 inches Trousers and a medium smock.
    How does your sizing system work?
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Im no expert so this may be wrong, but as far as im aware across the board its all done in centimetres, for example a trouser measurement may be 80/84/100 and that corresponds to an inside leg of 80cm, a waist of 84cm, and a seat (essentially your backside) of 100cm. A shirt would be 170/96 so an overall height of 170cm and a chest of 96 cm, and then its the same as that on a smock. On all the labels they state the 'Nato size' as well but i havent a doddle how to translate that, trousers of 80/84/100 have a nato size of 8085/8085 but i never hear anyone (even the quartermaster) use those sizes. Hope thats helped, and if anyone knows differently then please correct me.
    Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Raptor Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:50 pm

So if your dimensions were a 36 inch waist and a 32 inch inside leg what size would you take in a UK trouser?
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:52 pm

I think maybe an 80/90/104? Again, no expert...
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm

As promised:

My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0830
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0831
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0832
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0833
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0834
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0835
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0836
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0837
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0838
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0839
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0840
    My latest MTP bits - PCS trousers & shirt Sam_0841
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:26 pm

What are these holes for? Drench holes?
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/96/35/07/sam_0839.jpg

lammasulyon
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Henry G
    Registration date : 2010-07-13
    Number of posts : 368

Post by lammasulyon Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:42 pm

nice mate, i see the brits are going for the acu style cut...are ACF dudes getting them too how lucky
    Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Raptor Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks for that mate.Very nice. I wish we had gone down the same road design wise with our new "shirts".
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Philip wrote:What are these holes for? Drench holes?
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/96/35/07/sam_0839.jpg

yeah im not too sure to be honest but thats my guess? they can be seen on the PCS smock aswell

lammasulyon wrote:nice mate, i see the brits are going for the acu style cut...are ACF dudes getting them too how lucky

we're in line to get the 95 style in september i believe, very much looking forward to it
    Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Raptor Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:14 pm

we're in line to get the 95 style in september i believe, very much looking forward to it
    Actually i believe the ACF is getting the PCS style uniform.One production line and style of uniform is cheaper to issue then two different styles.The CS95 style MTP uniforms were only a stopgap issue for Op Herrick until the PCS came on stream.See the first post on the attached thread and also Point no 10 in Post 144. Wink
    http://www.armycadetforce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20541

Last edited by Raptor on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Raptor wrote:
    Actually i believe the ACF is getting the PCS style uniform.One production line and style of uniform is cheaper to issue then two different styles.The CS(% style MTP uniforms were only a stopgap issue fro Op Herrick until the PCS came on stream.See the first post on the attached thread and also Point no 10 in Post 144. Wink

we had a brief from HQ and the way it was explained is that we're getting the 95 mtp that has been replaced with PCS, then once after all the regular and reserve services have got 100% PCS that's when we get it, but that'll be years i imagine, long after my time. we only get the overspill stuff really, thats why theres an abundance of engineers bergans and OG PLCE etc, i heard a QM say once that basically we're 10 years behind then the regs when it comes to kit?
    Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Raptor Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:42 pm

sobota wrote:
    Raptor wrote:
    Actually i believe the ACF is getting the PCS style uniform.One production line and style of uniform is cheaper to issue then two different styles.The CS(% style MTP uniforms were only a stopgap issue fro Op Herrick until the PCS came on stream.See the first post on the attached thread and also Point no 10 in Post 144. Wink

we had a brief from HQ and the way it was explained is that we're getting the 95 mtp that has been replaced with PCS, then once after all the regular and reserve services have got 100% PCS that's when we get it, but that'll be years i imagine, long after my time. we only get the overspill stuff really, thats why theres an abundance of engineers bergans and OG PLCE etc, i heard a QM say once that basically we're 10 years behind then the regs when it comes to kit?
    Did you not read the link i posted?(Taken from the ACF's own forum)There wouldn't be enough CS95 MTP to kit out all the ACF.Its PCS ye are getting.I would have thought you would be glad.
    Probably explains as well why we are seeing more CS95 MTP appearing in surplus shops.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:45 pm

i did read it yes, perhaps i didnt take it all in, but i have word from HQ that my company are getting the 95 style, i take my OC's word over that unofficial forum im afraid?
    Raptor
    Raptor
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Raptor Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:15 pm

No worries mate.I may have a little more on this for you but not on the open forum.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:16 pm

ooh im intrigued, please PM...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:41 am