IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
saltefanden
sobota
6 posters

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag

sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag Empty Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag

Post by sobota Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:57 am

I haven't been collecting a lot recently due to exams and a lack of finance, however, now I'm back in the swing of things and present my trial PECOC, or 'Hybrid' pattern ammunition bag. Its obviously quite dusty and has clearly seen use in trials or theatre or both?

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 113

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 210

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 314

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 413

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 515

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 613

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 714

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 814

I was surprised to see that the item has an NSN?
    Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 913

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 1014

the strap for the hybrid bag is significantly thinner than that of the MTP bag
    Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 1112

hybrid strap left compared to the desert strap, same material?
    Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 1212

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 1310

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 1410

now, i'll hold my hands up and say im awful at kit comparisons however i believe these shapes match (roughly)?
    Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 1510

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag 1610

saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag Empty Re: Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag

Post by saltefanden Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:47 am

Mmmmmmmh... PECOC... Rrrlllaaaarrghh (Homer Simpson-style drooling) cheers
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag Empty Re: Trial PECOC / 'Hybrid' Ammunition Grab Bag

Post by sobota Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 am

Ive got my eyes on a PECOC bergen and trial webbing set when i have the funds Wink
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by saltefanden Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:53 am

Are these things growing on trees in the UK?

In that case you may want to buy in bulk, as I'm sure I'm not the only person interested in the PECOC pattern! What a Face
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:57 am

Theres quite a few of theses ammunition bags floating about, but its the first time ive seen the other items for sale anywhere so im keeping a firm eye on them Shocked
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by saltefanden Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:05 pm

I certainly would!

Make sure to regale the rest of us with pictures, should you get lucky!
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Oh i shall! Fingers firmly crossed
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Very cool George, I really like your man bag in Pecoc DPM pattern, and find it preferable to MTP, I don't know why this didn't make it through trials and become the British Armed forces camo for the 21st century,at least it would have easily recognisable as a BRITISH pattern still, why the MoD chose MTP is beyond me, Politics I deeply suspect... bloody Politics comes into everything Suspect !!!
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks Gary, I see where you're coming from when you say that the PECOC pattern could have easily been recognised as being worn by the Brits, I WISH I knew what went on behind the scenes in trials and the like, but I suppose its just another one of those things we will never know? Question
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:47 pm

sobota wrote:Thanks Gary, I see where you're coming from when you say that the PECOC pattern could have easily been recognised as being worn by the Brits, I WISH I knew what went on behind the scenes in trials and the like, but I suppose its just another one of those things we will never know? Question

No worries Mate, what I should said in my earlier post is that MTP is a hybrid no nation look now, whereas Pecoc would be instantly recognisable as a British designed and often copied pattern, honestly mate, I was browsing the web the other day, and came across some ref pics of some soldiers/Squaddies?? , and it took a while for me to work out which nationality they represented...

Long live DPM...sadly it's now a blended down tenuously linked Pattern Crying or Very sad
    Ballo
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Oibaf
    Registration date : 2012-01-25
    Number of posts : 14

Post by Ballo Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Love that pattern, I'm searching an osprey cover in that pattern from about a couple of years, but I think will be only a dream Sad
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

Post by Bury_Dave Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 am

The bits of current 'MTP' webbing that i have seem to me to have the same colouring as the so-called hybrid stuff. Only the nylon stuff mind - not the cloth.

Very confusing scratch
    Rich83
    Rich83
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Rich
    Registration date : 2012-03-24
    Number of posts : 144

Post by Rich83 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:10 pm

I have seen a hybrid bergan with rocket pouches for a hundred quid, very nice. I also saw a chap selling the battle bags - he had two brand new and listed them on eBay for £20 each and neither sold... I nearly got them but not my cup of tea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 am