IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

ACH

Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

ACH - Page 2 Empty Re: ACH

Post by Bury_Dave Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:46 am

Look at any photo of a group of real WW2 British soldiers and you will see berets and steel helmets worn in as many different ways as there are blokes. Compared to the modern army where everyone wears their beret the same way ; shrunken and with badge over the left ear ........ tut, tut.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Bury_Dave wrote:Look at any photo of a group of real WW2 British soldiers and you will see berets and steel helmets worn in as many different ways as there are blokes. Compared to the modern army where everyone wears their beret the same way ; shrunken and with badge over the left ear ........ tut, tut.

Hmmmm, yes Para's seem to have adopted the flat cap look,I've always found it interesting how different regiments seem to wear their berets!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 pm

hi gary i thought id give my two penneth on this subject and firstly can i say the ach looks great i like the pattern cover as fitted are those ir pads fitted to the rear ,i have yet to buy one of these lids as yet and maybe i never will ,i quess im a huge fan of the older pasgt ,i too try on the majority of the helmets that land on my doorstep i have the odd liner on a few ww2 lids that i wouldnt touch with a barge pole let alone my bonce the wife just shakes her head when she sees my trying on a new aquistion as for the most comfortable dare i say it but my 1980s mk5 turtle is quite bearable my irish rabintex is also quite comfy but the winner in my book in design and wearabilty has to be the awesome schuberth B826 nothing compares cheers james
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:03 am

jaycee wrote:hi gary i thought id give my two penneth on this subject and firstly can i say the ach looks great i like the pattern cover as fitted are those ir pads fitted to the rear ,i have yet to buy one of these lids as yet and maybe i never will ,i quess im a huge fan of the older pasgt ,i too try on the majority of the helmets that land on my doorstep i have the odd liner on a few ww2 lids that i wouldnt touch with a barge pole let alone my bonce the wife just shakes her head when she sees my trying on a new aquistion as for the most comfortable dare i say it but my 1980s mk5 turtle is quite bearable my irish rabintex is also quite comfy but the winner in my book in design and wearabilty has to be the awesome schuberth B826 nothing compares cheers james

Thanks James, I'm glad you have contributed to this discussion, again it is always interesting to hear other helmet collectors points of view on their likes dislikes, I know fit and feel is very subjective, but there seems to be a common theme so far which is cool.

I have yet to add a B826 to my collection, I nearly bought one on eBay last year ,but then something else caught my eye, and I blew the cash on that instead,but I will add one one soon.

I agree with you on the turtle, but I'm not sure if it is my head shape, but it seems to move about quite a bit, a work colleague of mine was issued one when he joined the D&D when he left school, he told me they were terrible, and one of his NCO's would bash him on the head with it,with a tent pole, and the rivet would dig him in the head, we both laughed about that one Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:15 am