IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
loski
sh4pak
fourtycoats
JYN
8 posters

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform

JYN
    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-06-01
    Number of posts : 84

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Empty French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform

Post by JYN Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:40 am

Hello,

I am posting the FELIN T-4 uniform in his winter version which is also named Tenue de Combat Nouvelle Génération. This example has been produced by LEO MINOR.

Based to first RetEx from OMLTs by 2008, the FELIN T-3 was born and then in February and March 2009, further to veterans experiences at their return from the conflict (RetEx program) the SCA (Service du Comissariat des Armées) launched the production of a new generation uniform, the T-4.

At the end of June 2010, the production of the T-4 was launched. The goal was to produce 365 000 pair of trousers and 265 000 vests. Considering a Ministry of Defence note... I seems that the next production will be made in ripstop. I guess, they still have plenty of F-2 rolls of cloth to spend before producing a new version.

They were supposed to be supplied to troops at late January 2011 and T-4 are actually worn in Afghanistan.

Comparing to the T-3, the FELIN T-4, the new generation combat uniform of the French Army is supposed to be more comfortable for the soldier. The uniform is anti-mosquito treated as written on the vest' tag.

Few modifications were brought to make it more adaptable to gears.

For example, on the vest, the two upper chest cargo pockets and the buttons by the front opening zipper have been removed because it impossible to reach your pockets with the frag and the canadian type buttons were hurting when you are wearing the armor chest harness. The traditional two frontal inside zippered pockets where moved on each border sides of the vest too. Two forearm pockets instead of one. One elastic band inside the vest. Two army green adjustable straps on both arms to adjust the protection elbows pads.

The pair of trousers is also having few modifications too. Zippers at the bottom of the legs. Two tourniquets on both thighs. As for the vest, cargo pockets are bigger and velcro have been fixed to them (probably for the Black & Red Cross patch for the first-aid) and have additional inserts inside. Two army green adjustable straps on both legs to adjust the protection knees pads.

A hood is completing the set (missing on this example). Buttoned instead of zipped on the collar of the vest.

Hope, I make this presentation of the new generation combat uniform of the french army understandable.

Jean-Yves

The FELIN T-3
    French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0127

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0128

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0129

THE FELIN T-4

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0130

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0131

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0133

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0132

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0134

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0135

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0136

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0137

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0138

fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 446

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Empty Re: French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform

Post by fourtycoats Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:53 am

Nice presentation Jean-Yves.
    JYN
    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Empty Re: French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform

Post by JYN Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:00 am

Cheers !

Photos in action.

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Felin_11

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Felint10
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-24
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:26 am

Fabulous, and super sci-fi. Thanks for posting.

--D.
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:46 pm

OOHHHHH I want some
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:33 am

Agreed on all counts,great example JY.
    JYN
    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by JYN Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:14 am

Thank you.

As it his a recent purchased, I am still studying it and I just discover this major innovation concerning the fly.

Don't know really if it is a french idea or it has been done before ?§

JYN

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Imag0143
    JYN
    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by JYN Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:49 am

Hello,

Few things I want to add to this thread :

Both elbow and knee pads for the Félin pockets which are fixed on the jacket and the pair of trousers.

Elbow pads are made by GROUPE SAGAERT
    Knee pads are made by TIGRE

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Img_1210

Différences between T-3 and T-A Hoods

The T-3 is fixed to the jacket with a zipper.
    The T-4 is fixed with to the jacket with buttons and three straps are here to roll it up and fix it on the collar

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Img_1211

T-3 and T-4 suspenders

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Img_1212
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by fourtycoats Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:12 am

Can Jean Yves or any one else publish here a list of the sizes used on the Felin uniforms. I have a T4 jacket and am looking for the matching pants. Some vendors show the dimensions but some only state the French arny sizes such a Veste 3C or Pantalon 4M
    JYN
    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by JYN Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:43 am

Hello,

Hope it is what you are looking for ?

JYN

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Jc10
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by fourtycoats Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:48 am

Merci JV, that is exactly what I wanted.
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Empty Operation Serval in Mali--new FELIN suit

Post by fourtycoats Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:06 pm

I thought I would share with you, some observations on the new FELIN suit issued to some French troops on Operatione Serval in Mali. I just acquired this suit and am very pleased with the design and construction, It shows clear design influences from the Arktis range so I am showing some comparisons. First some photos of the smock, shirt and pants. There is also a UBACS issued but I do not have that.

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Dscf1612" />

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Dscf1613" />

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Dscf1614" />

The pants shown below have the biggest knee pads I have seen built into a combat pants.

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Dscf1615" />

Next some photos showing the new Felin suit compared with the Arktis hot weather suit and pants. Note that the overall design is nearly identical.  Both pants use the cross over waist fastening design pioneered in the British jungle trousers. The French version is on the left in these photos.

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Dscf1616" />

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Dscf1617" />

The shirts use the same pocket design, with a zipped inner pocket behind the buttoned pocket. They use the Canadian slotted buttons and have a 2 piece back with mesh vents to keep the insects out.
    French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Dscf1618" />

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Dscf1619" />
    drmatz
    drmatz

Name : danilo matz
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 2103

Post by drmatz Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:42 am

very beautiful, thanks for sharing Sean.
    Regarding the fly, i've seeing the same thing in pilot uniforms and overalls...

I have a full set on the temperate CE pattern and is one of my favorite uniforms ever, the construction is just superb, i use on a regular basis. Such a improvement over their previous uniform cut...

This is the first i've seeing on the desert pattern... now i need one Smile

cheers

http://picasaweb.google.com/danilomatz
    jimmyduncan23
    jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2011-07-29
    Number of posts : 1482

Post by jimmyduncan23 Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:52 am

Nice thanks for putting it up, I like the new French uniform felin 3 or 4 looks a lot better than the older cuts and a lot more practical for usage from a soldiers point of view
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by fourtycoats Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:47 pm

This is a FELIN jacket I just acquired. It seems to be a prototype, made by Seyntex in 2009. It is different from the current T4 S2 in a number of details:

1.The upper breast pockets can be accessed from the center or the side.
    2. Their is a zip on the chest to directly access the inside of the jacket without opening the front of the jacket.
    3. The sleeve design allows for a padded insert and is covered in waterproof material to the wrist.

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Img_1628" />

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Img_1629" />
    4. The arm pockets are twice the size of the current T4 and have no buttons.

5. One of the front lower pockets has one button and the other has two.

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Img_1630" />

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Img_1631" />

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform <a href=French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Img_1632" />

It is dated some years before the T4 was issued and the white labels look like trial versions, not the green issued versions.

belgium_one
    belgium_one
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Seb
    Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 472

Post by belgium_one Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:39 am

Hello Smile

the three hoods variants for the three T4 jackets models

the summer (ripstop)variant :

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform 9y9z

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform 1xb1

the winter variant :

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Kdtl

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Z5gy

the summer "sand" variant :

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform 86ax

French Félin T-4 New Generation Uniform Pvez

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:39 am