IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock

Mk1rceme
    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Dale
    Registration date : 2009-11-22
    Number of posts : 345

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock Empty Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock

Post by Mk1rceme Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:46 pm

New Addition today. I don't know a great deal about them, but I hear they are fairly desirable. I'm not really a UK collector, but when something nifty comes up I try to grab it. Brought home by a Canadian soldier who more than likely traded it for something in AR Cadpat.

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock 00214

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock 00312

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock 00411

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock 00512

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock Empty Re: Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock

Post by Gulf91 Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 pm

I would stick my neck out here and say while it is a very very nice badged up smock here in the UK at least not that desirable,quite common and not worth an awful lot but nice for the collection
    Mk1rceme
    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock Empty Re: Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock

Post by Mk1rceme Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:48 pm

True, but not to common around these parts. Too bad it is so tiny, I would like to see how these fit compared to Canadian smocks.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Hmmm,when you say tiny Im surprised as these are quite oversized(fit much bigger than the labelled sizes).
    Mk1rceme
    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Mk1rceme Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Too small for me.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Sure the one I have is for a giant-190/112
    Mk1rceme
    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Mk1rceme Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:18 pm

20 plus years of working in the oilpatch has given me extremely wide shoulders...plus a bit of a gut...lol! A lot of shirts and coats do not fit me very well. Especially across the back. I tried this smock on and could only raise my arms to the side...I could not bring them forward without tearing the shoulder seams out.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Im lucky being a skinny git-probably been the same size since I was around 17(now 41) and people cannot believe I am the size I am considering the amount of crap that I eat!!!
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Very nice ,these are as Gulf said common over here, but over in Canuckland I would imagine they are a prize on the surplus market, it would be like me going into my local surplus shop and seeing a Cadpat smock ...happy days indeed,but not likely,the only Cadpat I own was as a result of a Trade, and cost me the best part of a 100 quid!!

RMC kit will always be highly prized by collectors as they are an elite unit,with a historical heritage second to none, so hang on it mate, and be proud to own a piece of the best Marine unit in the world....and it's British ! Wink
    Mk1rceme
    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Mk1rceme Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm not to concerned with size since I don't wear items from the collection. Wouldn't mind finding a knock-off of this design though.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock Empty British Desert

Post by ripcord Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi all,

At this time there are some decent British Desert items for sale ( CHEAP )on the Sportsman`s Guide HQ site.

Most items are brand new. Decent sizes are available.

Simply write Sportsman`s Guide HQ, then when you get to the main page, type in British Desert Uniforms, and all kinds of interesting

things pop up. They also have San Marco 2000( I think ) shirts for around $ 20.

The site must be browsed frequently, as cool items move quickly..

Good hunting....ripcord

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Royal Marines Commando Desert Smock Empty Sportsman`s Guide

Post by ripcord Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Hello again.

Forgot to add Norwegian M75 are available as well !!!!But you guys better hurry.

A better way to access it would be to type in: surplus military camouflage uniforms...

You get a lot for a little, but you gotta be quick....Good luck...

Rip...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 am