IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Legion Para Beret

loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Legion Para Beret Empty Legion Para Beret

Post by loski Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:24 am

Legion Para Beret 006-5_zps9729f591
    Legion Para Beret 005-8_zps05ba0b8a
    One for easy gee Foreign Legion paras beret the badge is marked DRAGO on the rear the beret is marked 60 but it has been shrunk to a tight fit, the fasion in the legion a few years back was to get a larger beret and shrink it to a tight fit.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Legion Para Beret Empty Re: Legion Para Beret

Post by Easy Gee Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Parfait Graham, Parfait.

A very fine example, I have a number of these Berets and they are all smaller than than the stated size in the beret,so I go along with the shrinking theory Wink
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Easy Gee wrote:Parfait Graham, Parfait.

A very fine example, I have a number of these Berets and they are all smaller than than the stated size in the beret,so I go along with the shrinking theory Wink
    Hi Gary
    I picked up from evilbay it is in used condition, As I said the Legion fasion a while back was to shrink berets to fit realy close to the head I saw a guy on a tv program and his beret was so tightly fitted on his head it looked like a skull cap,
    this is the first I want to get one for infantry regs and one for cavalry wife is not going to be too happy with in her words more rubbish cluttering up the house.
    Regards
    Graham
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Good one Mate, I have not been on the evilbay for what seems like ages now, must have missed this, but I'm glad you got it mate, as I know you were in the market for one Smile

I have a size 55 Beret, and it is VERY small, I'm a 55-ish and it is a VERY snug fit. I have a number of Legion ref books ,and it would appear the style is/was to wear the beret very high up the sides sides of "Le Noggin" Laughing ...a style I am fond of, I must say!

As before,I relate to the battle of the missus Very Happy
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Easy Gee wrote:Good one Mate, I have not been on the evilbay for what seems like ages now, must have missed this, but I'm glad you got it mate, as I know you were in the market for one Smile

I have a size 55 Beret, and it is VERY small, I'm a 55-ish and it is a VERY snug fit. I have a number of Legion ref books ,and it would appear the style is/was to wear the beret very high up the sides sides of "Le Noggin" Laughing ...a style I am fond of, I must say!

I must admit im not all that way of wearing the beret I hate to say this having not been a member of the RM I prefer the sweat band to be more or less level around the noggin and with a commando crease above the badge and the over hang on the right to just touch the top of my ear most styleish. Yeh the battle with er indors continues with no cease fire in sight im thinking of asking the UN to put in a contingent of blue berets to keep the peace lol.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 am

loski wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Good one Mate, I have not been on the evilbay for what seems like ages now, must have missed this, but I'm glad you got it mate, as I know you were in the market for one Smile

I must admit im not all that way of wearing the beret I hate to say this having not been a member of the RM I prefer the sweat band to be more or less level around the noggin and with a commando crease above the badge and the over hang on the right to just touch the top of my ear most styleish. Yeh the battle with er indors continues with no cease fire in sight im thinking of asking the UN to put in a contingent of blue berets to keep the peace lol.

I agree the RM style is one of the more iconic.
    Also loving the comment about the UN,good one mate Laughing
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi Gary
    I have just come across this website selling Legion kit thought it may be of intrest to you

www.buyffl.com
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:29 pm

loski wrote:Hi Gary
    I have just come across this website selling Legion kit thought it may be of intrest to you

www.buyffl.com

Brilliant site,thanks for the heads up mate, there are a few French based sellers too, but I like the look of the layout of this site,just need to save up my Euro's..legion stuff is so expensive..even in Germany Very Happy
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi Gary
    Yeh nothing is cheap Im busy trawling ebay france for a french navy blue beret that is dirt cheap.
    that German site is quite good and there is a couple of bits that i would like on it
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:20 pm

loski wrote:
    Hi Gary
    Yeh nothing is cheap Im busy trawling ebay france for a french navy blue beret that is dirt cheap.
    that German site is quite good and there is a couple of bits that i would like on it

Your not wrong there mate, surplus used to be cheaper I'm sure...or maybe the cost of living outweighs what I used to think was cheap!

I'm not sure if it was yourself I mentioned it too, but I have sourced some cheap French berets from a french based ebay seller?

I too could do with a few more Berets myself, but money is tighter than normal in the house of chaos I call home, so this desire might have to wait a bit longer to be satisfied.

The boss who wears a skirt said ,I might even have to start selling off my collection ( probably on ebay) to finance other commitments like food, and bills etc...bloody recession!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Oh well back to world of escapism that is IACMC, good luck sourcing the Blue beret mate, I look forward to seeing it here Wink
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Post by loski Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Hi Gary
    I have had sucess the wife has called a tempory cease fire and bought me 2 berets and 2 F1 caps from ebay france cant see the cease fire lasting long tho lets hope the UN are sympathic.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:47 pm

loski wrote:Hi Gary
    I have had sucess the wife has called a tempory cease fire and bought me 2 berets and 2 F1 caps from ebay france cant see the cease fire lasting long tho lets hope the UN are sympathic.

Laughing Make the most of it mate, while it lasts!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 am