IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Information needed! -Cleaning kit

sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

Information needed! -Cleaning kit  Empty Information needed! -Cleaning kit

Post by sobota Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello all! I've disappeared for a while due to being über busy but i'm back and have new toys to show off all in due course, however right now i'm DESPERATE for some information about a particular cleaning kit part.

I know I might be pushing my luck a tad here, but I work for an mod contractor and in one of our processes we use a modified cleaning rod assembly, consisting of one looped end, 5 extension pieces, then another modified extension piece that is made by our facility handy-man. From my army days I know that in the SA80 A2 cleaning kit (NOT the new little black zip up pouch one) there was an attachment for the cleaning rod which had a female thread at one end and was flattened at the other with a slot for some flanellette, we desperately require this part however our stores have exhausted all lines of enquiry, and even our RAF stores contact who gave us all the other parts don't really know what this piece is officially called, the NSN or any part numbers etc.

This is a call out to my brothers in arms to provide absolutely ANY information you might be able to dig up! If you have any cleaning kits please look in them, manuals, training documents, please read them, even if you know a guy who knows a guy please ask them! I can't even find a photo on the interwebs of the piece. It it definitely exists i'm not dreaming it up haha.
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Information needed! -Cleaning kit  Empty Re: Information needed! -Cleaning kit

Post by filupe Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:13 pm

Interesting ... we have a similar part for our Steyrs cleaning kits (which are essentially US ones for the M-16) except that it has a male thread. AFAIK it was simply known as 'Flannelette holder'
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:38 am

Have you tryed comercial cleaning kits or evil bay
    I found this on ebay but it has a male tread on the end but could you get a brass tube with female treads both ends to fit it to the cleaning rod
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-SA80-L85-Rifle-Cleaning-Kit-airsoft-mtp-uksf-multicam-/151098337568?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item232e29a920

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:55 pm