IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

French Web Gear

abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-09-26
    Number of posts : 282

French Web Gear Empty French Web Gear

Post by abefroman Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Here is what I have for French web gear. I believe this is the 1980 pattern? It was used up until the early 2000s. I also have the FAMAS bayonet and the canteen but I didn't have them handy for the picture. Anyone know what else I am missing? I am trying to acquire the pattern prior to this as well.

French Web Gear 20150715

French Web Gear 20150716
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

French Web Gear Empty Re: French Web Gear

Post by Wolverine Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:32 pm

This set (often referred to as F1 gear by English-speakers) replaced two earlier types of gear, the TAP webbing for airborne troops, and the TTA leather equipment issued to all arms. Items from both earlier sets (especially the TTA stuff) are pretty widely available in French surplus stores, and also elsewhere, but the really early TAP webbing items are commanding higher prices due to their association with Indochina and Algeria. Lots of this kit can be found in the surplus stalls at the flea market in the north of Paris for what seem fair/negotiable prices.

The triple grenade pouch in your photo is actually part of the TAP webbing, but photos show that these pouches were also used with the F1 gear, in the 1990-91 Gulf War for example. A few different types of field packs were also  produced for this gear. There is also a rubberized version of the respirator carrier.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm