IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Post Saddam Iraqi Woodland

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post Saddam Iraqi Woodland Empty Post Saddam Iraqi Woodland

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi all!

This is a follow up to a post I made about a uniform Martin has up for sale/trade. I had originally identified it as Syrian, due to the label, but when it was pointed out that my ID might be in error, I contacted a friend of mine who is in the Middle East with access to native speakers of most Arabic (and beyond) countries. Based on his information the uniform is, in fact, Iraqi. Based on circumstantial evidence (see below) I would say it is likely recent issue.

Here's the uniform in question, reusing Martin's pictures he posted in the Trade/Sale area:

Post Saddam Iraqi Woodland IMG_5362

Post Saddam Iraqi Woodland IMG_5361

The tag says "An Najaf" and the image is of the Shia shrine in that city (one of the holiest places for Shias). Obviously a Syrian uniform would lack both of these things Wink

What threw me on this was the first uniform I got of this came via Syria and was sold to me as Syrian. The source normally knows what he's talking about so I took it on faith that his information was accurate. The second one I received was sold to me as Saddam era Iraqi from a seller who has a reputation of not knowing what he's talking about. Although it is in a cut consistent with Saddam era Iraqi uniforms, I've seen a good half dozen of these uniforms for sale recently, all unissued, all in fairly decent sizes, all with tags which are unlike any Saddam era tag I've seen (not that I've seen more than a dozen or so). Therefore, I made the error of believing one source more because of the obvious error of a different source. My bad Very Happy

Steve

Post Saddam Iraqi Woodland Empty Re: Post Saddam Iraqi Woodland

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:54 pm

great find cheers
    Iraqi Militaria
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : SSG Luna, Lorenzo
    Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 254

Post by Iraqi Militaria Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:40 am

Very Nice!!!

I am always Buying Iraqi uniforms so please keep me in mind..

Thank you

Lorenzo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 pm