IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Empty Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye)

Post by ADMIN Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 pm

HI All,
    Attached are some pics of Saddam era badges in my collection. I got most of these straight from Iraq in the mid-late 90s. and am pretty confident they're genuine. Anyone that has anything to add by all means do so, I'm by no measure an expert.

First pic is the back of the metal wings, the smaller one on the right is actually a current issue beret badge for iraqi paras.

Pretty typical construction as I've seen probably 40-50 various sheet brass wings from Iraq. Saddam era and post Saddam era, construction is identical, ie painted sheet brass with a heavy lucite plastic type coating. The key difference is the Hussein wings are all soldered with a safety pin for attachment. The present issue wings and beret badges have a pin back that is epoxied on.

FYI the British type cloth wings in one picture are actually pre-saddam from the kingdom of Iraq era, identical to British para wings with the exception the wing and chute are approx 2/3 scale to the Brit. wings.

Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Saddamrev_0001

Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Saddam1

Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Saddam2

Last edited by Admin on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Empty Re: Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye)

Post by ADMIN Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:00 pm

I have got a uniform with the circular patches that is in photo #2 and they is rough, It looks like a 12 year old stitched it. lop-sided, etc. I will get some pics of them & post them in here later on. Arch will definately like your photos

Steven
    AndrewA74
    AndrewA74

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 930

Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye) Empty Re: Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye)

Post by AndrewA74 Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:25 am

Very cool insignia! I like the wings, especially the ones on the different colored cloths.
    Andrew
    Iraqi Militaria
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : SSG Luna, Lorenzo
    Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 254

Post by Iraqi Militaria Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:05 am

Saddam Era Iraqi insignia (originally posted by bullseye) 2645539300103172408S600x600Q85

You can see the Iraqi metal Breast Badges on the Bottom right of one of my Riker Cases!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:14 pm