IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Type 58 load bearing web gear

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Type 58 load bearing web gear Empty Type 58 load bearing web gear

Post by ripcord Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:30 pm

Type 58 load bearing web gear in unused conditions. It has been with me since the mid '80s

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9328

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9329

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9330

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9331

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9332

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9333

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9334

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9335

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9336

Type 58 load bearing web gear Dscn9337
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Type 58 load bearing web gear Empty Re: Type 58 load bearing web gear

Post by Wolverine Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:09 pm

That's about as clean as it comes.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:40 pm

Sitting in a box for over 30 years..

IIRC, it came with some other pouches and the usual backpack; those other pieces were used.
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Post by Wolverine Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:43 pm

This webbing was still comparatively hard to get in Canada, as I recall, in the mid-1980s.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by ripcord Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:37 pm

Strangely enough, the webbing was part of a large package of South African and Rhodesian Camo uniforms that was mailed to me from South Africa.

Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 399

Post by Camonut314 Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Now THAT is interesting, considering that the UK was supposed to have an embargo on Rhodesia if I am not mistaken. Lovely set! I regret not getting one of my own when they were common; you always take these things for granted...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:03 pm