IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Sumpfmuster

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2782

Sumpfmuster Empty Sumpfmuster

Post by ripcord Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:57 pm

Sumpfmuster..Uncut. Needs pocket patches..

Sumpfmuster 20230836

Sumpfmuster 20230838
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6916

Sumpfmuster Empty Re: Sumpfmuster

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:29 pm

Very nice uncut and (apparently) undamaged example of the "mid/late" variant. The ones most commonly seen on eBay are slaughtered and often missing the liner. Nicely done.

Early type has an internal reinforcement strip between the chest flashlight buttons, similar to the BW field jackets. The armpits are also constructed differently IIRC. The earliest of these had post type buttons on the arm pockets instead of the usual ring type.

These things go for significant money on eBay. For me, I bought my first one in 1992 and paid quite a lot for it at the time, then they got really cheap due to a huge glut in Germany, sagging Euro, and relatively inexpensive shipping. IIRC they could be had from one of the larger surplus sellers there for something like $40 USD. Since I already had a couple I didn't bother, which I now regret!

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2782

Post by ripcord Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:12 am

Thanks Steve.

Been looking for one of these in decent shape for some time. Sad to see so many ripped up examples.

This one came from an Italian source who seems to have a few on stash. All in similar shape and larger sizes.

If anyone has spare pocket patches to trade or sell , I would be interested..

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6916

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:25 am

Unfortunately, I am out of patches. At one point I seemed to have endless amounts and access to more. I fixed up probably a dozen jackets and parkas that I bought cheap and then sold on eBay, often with rank as well.

I see you have buttons on yours! That's good as the BGS epaulet buttons are hard to find. They are 1mm smaller than the BW. Er, 17mm? I think that's right and 19mm for the front of the wool uniforms, which again is 1mm less than BW.

If you are in need of rank I can probably help you there.

Steve

ripcord likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:54 pm