IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Para smock .1977

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2782

Para smock .1977 Empty Para smock .1977

Post by ripcord Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:57 pm

After looking for the right one for quite a long time, finally found the right one. Dated 1977.

Para smock .1977 20240410
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6909

Para smock .1977 Empty Re: Para smock .1977

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:31 pm

Nice! And all the metal bits seem intact, which is nice (they were notoriously easy to rip out).

I have a 1978 made smock and at one point I had one from the 1980s. IIRC I didn't see any differences so I let the newer one go as I didn't see the point in keeping two. Are there any differences?

Steve
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2782

Post by ripcord Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:27 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:Nice!  And all the metal bits seem intact, which is nice (they were notoriously easy to rip out).

I have a 1978 made smock and at one point I had one from the 1980s.  IIRC I didn't see any differences so I let the newer one go as I didn't see the point in keeping two.  Are there any differences?

Steve

Thanks..      Yup, all intact .. Been wanting one for the longest, but never found one to fit my criteria ( mostly price and size )..   This one came from a trade, and fit the bill..

I do understand that there were a few different manufacture dates.  I am fairly certain the smocks themselves are pretty much similar, if not identical.

Only real difference, as I understand it, is the different insignia worn for different years..
    TennoHeikaNate
    TennoHeikaNate
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 330

Post by TennoHeikaNate Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:11 pm

Great find rip! I also found a '77 but it's in abysmal condition compared to yours; heavily faded, torn, missing LTD snaps, stained, all insignia was cut off, etc.,... I'll post it when I do my Canadian stuff sometime.
    If you go back to the thread called "Reversed DPM" Para Smock, you'll see some discussion on how these smocks changed over the years. It was mostly minute differences; things like the material of the zipper and snaps from plastic, nickel, and brass, and the location of the tag.
    Giles has at least one of these with a distinctly "yellow" coloration compared to the typical tan colored ones you find.

ripcord likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:20 pm