IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 247

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Empty Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1)

Post by ADMIN Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:33 am

Does anyone know if the Ukrainians have more than 1 pattern/version of their uniform?

Steven
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Empty Re: Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1)

I've got a few sets from different manufacturers, all from Iraq, the only difference I can discern is slight color variations. Not terribly well made uniforms.

Chris
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Empty Re: Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1)

darn! my son just came back from Iraq and mentioned he'd seen some troops from Georgia but hadn't taken any pictures of them. it would have been nice to see their pattern. he may be going back to Iraq or possibly Afghanistan come July so i'll have to reinforce for him to take pics of any units from other countries that he may see.

hawkeye4771
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

That would definately be exciting to see what they wear as far as patterns & gear

Steven
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:34 am

Sadly, the Georgians and Armenian troops where US dcu just as bosnia, el salvador do.
    I'll dig some pics out of them

Chris
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Here's Georgia trooops at camp echo Iraq

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) ARMENIANS
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

The soldiers in the blue berets are Armenians, evidenced by the shoulder patch on the left sleeve. Undoubtedly they are paratroops.

ICUS
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:35 am

Alas, Eric got me on that one, even stored in my file as Armenia, I'll dig out the georgia one.

Meanwhile some other countries that used the US desert camo.

First up Mongolia, ca 2005

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Mongolia05
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:35 am

Latvia ca. 2005

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Latvia05
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:36 am

Bosnia 2007

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Bosnia07
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

El Salvador 2005

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Elsalvador2005
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Here's a neat shot of the Ukraine contingent ca. 05. Wearing the Ukraine as well as US pattern deserts.

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Ukrain05
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:37 am

QUOTE (bullseye @ Jan 30 2008, 03:08 PM)
    Latvia ca. 2005

The colours look the same but the arrangement of said colours varies from the US DCU. Or is it my imagination?

guessologist
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

You have got an interesting point, now I do know that some countries 3 colour pattern is different to some extent like the sets from the Netherlands (at least all of mine- I have 3 of theom) but my US ones differ a bit from each other, as well. So my guess is the variance in the material and the manufacturers have a big role to play in the differences. at least that is my opinion.
    Steven
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

This is a good question, I've compared the pics of Latvian Bosnia, etc wearing eh 3 color US deserts and they look the same, and the Netherland set I have appears to be the same pattern but constructed differently and dutch made. I do know the Bosnian set I have which came straight from the Bosnian guy in Iraq still has US govt labels and tags on it. I'd suspect the small contingents would use US sourced stuff.

Possibly this is a similar case to the NZ and UK desert dpms the pattern nearly identical but slightly different fabric and construction.

Chris
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:38 am

Hello, Latvia issued new desert camo uniform, anyone coul dhelp me have this? I will pay

camokenny

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Lativia_desert
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:38 am

HI Kenny,
    I was lucky enough to get a set of these for my collection, pretty scarce, the Estonian is the one I need now.

Chris

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Latvia
    sergiy-k
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Sergiy
    Registration date : 2009-05-24
    Number of posts : 29

Post by sergiy-k Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 am

The Ukrainian soldiers used in Iraq two camo patern. First it is Ukrainian desert camo and second US DCU. The DCU uniform come to Ukrainian soldiers from US Army in Iraq. Also US Army give UKrainian contingent in Iraq the US DCU fabric. The ukrainian made a vest with pouches in US DCU fabric.

Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) Img_5910
    Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) 1010
    Ukrainian Desert patterns used in Iraq/Afghanistan??? (originally posted by bond007a1) 2008-010

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:14 pm