IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Soviet Afghanistan Patch (originally posted by bond007a1)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

Soviet Afghanistan Patch (originally posted by bond007a1) Empty Soviet Afghanistan Patch (originally posted by bond007a1)

Post by ADMIN Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:52 am

Soviet Afghanistan Patch, not sure exactly what it is?

Soviet Afghanistan Patch (originally posted by bond007a1) Russia10
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Soviet Afghanistan Patch (originally posted by bond007a1) Empty Re: Soviet Afghanistan Patch (originally posted by bond007a1)

Post by ADMIN Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:53 am

Actually think it's post afghanistan post soviet and is a patch of Soviet veterans of Afghanistan association. I think!

Here's a neat item that came out in the late 80s. A four volume record album set produced in Leningrad, they featured songs written and sung by afghan vets, really neat thing.

Chris

Soviet Afghanistan Patch (originally posted by bond007a1) Afghan10
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Soviet Afghanistan Patch (originally posted by bond007a1) Empty Re: Soviet Afghanistan Patch (originally posted by bond007a1)

that is pretty cool Chris, where on earth did you find that?

Steven
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Well along about the mid 80s started collecting soviet gear, mainly afghanistan stuff. (that was when KLMK's were selling for around $800!! and para berets around a $100!). Somewhere along the way I became friends with a finnish army soldier who was also a collector, he went to work in the USSR in Leningrad and picked them up for me, at one time had a half dozen sets.

He came to visit one time ca 85 and brought me a duffle bag full of klmks kzs, para berets etc. He's the same guy that got the Soveit desert pattern klmk for me. This is the only one ever seen and eventually I sold it to Borsarello who placed a pic of it in one of his camo books. It's also pictured in Desmond's exc. book on Soviet camo.(can't remember the page

Chris
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:48 am

So you're the dude!! That uniform is famous!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 pm