IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

SF beret

jj
    jj
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : jj
    Registration date : 2009-09-13
    Number of posts : 25

SF beret Empty SF beret

Post by jj Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:10 am

How much would a Vietnam dated beret with 6th SFGA flash,SF crest,with the beret in excellent condition for a 60's-70's era beret (no "mothing",ect) be worth?

Someone has one for sale for $300,and for a beret in such nice condition,with only 1 flash ever sewn on (it seems anyway)with a name ect,seems in the ballpark from the research I have done at sites like "lee-jackson",and others.

Thoughts?
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

SF beret Empty Re: SF beret

Post by panzerwerk Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:56 am

I have seen them go for twice and three times that , so if it is real and Vietnam its is worth $300 in my opinion .
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:51 am

You might consider posting in the vn/indochina forum over here: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112

Some of the top experts on VN stuff reside there. The berets are being faked so careful going forward if interested in buying

Chris
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-07-31
    Number of posts : 164

Post by Sarge Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 am

I can't comprehend a VN period beret bringing that kind of $$! Especially so if it does not have an in coutry 5th Gp flash on it. Everyone in SF, whether at Ft Bragg, Bad Tölz or in VN was wearing berets with the same markings.
    Maby I should dig out a couple of mine and sell them, I've probably got 4 or 5 around here in varrying condition.
    Sarge

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content