IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Navy used experimental desert MARPAT?

navax
    navax
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Jake
    Registration date : 2010-04-13
    Number of posts : 154

Navy used experimental desert MARPAT? Empty Navy used experimental desert MARPAT?

Post by navax Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:43 am

I recently went into my surplus store looking for new jackets when I spotted the desert MARPAT jackets. What I noticed was they where alot lighter colored then the navy version I owned. I go home to look at my jacket and notice it's tag is different. Also it has a contract number. The stock number doesnt show up on the website used for looking for stock numbers. Is this a experimental or one of the first issued jackets? Jake
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Navy used experimental desert MARPAT? Empty Re: Navy used experimental desert MARPAT?

Post by panzerwerk Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Clear pictures of the shirt and Tag would help greatly , if the number does not show up on the official list , its most likely commercial , but that does not mean some group did not test it for some reason .
    navax
    navax
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Navy used experimental desert MARPAT? Empty Re: Navy used experimental desert MARPAT?

Post by navax Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:29 pm

panzerwerk wrote:Clear pictures of the shirt and Tag would help greatly , if the number does not show up on the official list , its most likely commercial , but that does not mean some group did not test it for some reason .
    I have a picture of the shirt under the collection section. The thread is title my collection. Hope that helps jake
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:18 pm

I cant tell anything from the pics , it looks like it might be a modified Marpat shirt , the light color may be from fading , but I cant tell , it looks like it has the standard Marine corp tag.
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Post by DS9ACU Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:17 pm

what website do you use for looking up stock numbers?
    navax
    navax
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by navax Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:47 pm

WebFLIS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 am