IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
CollectinSteve
Mercenary25
AndrewA74
nkomo
Philip
filupe
panzerwerk
11 posters

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions !

panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! Empty Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions !

Post by panzerwerk Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:19 pm

I just got this , and the gent says he may have more pieces , what do you guys think before I dump a bunch of money ??

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! DF1
    Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! DF2
    Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! DF3
    Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! DF4
    Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! DF5
    filupe
    filupe

Number of posts : 1082

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! Empty Re: Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions !

Post by filupe Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:35 pm

The 'Delta Force' tab just screams 'fake'. To my knowledge this tab is not official in any capacity. Also, where is this officer's branch of service insignia?
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! Empty Re: Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions !

Post by panzerwerk Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Kinda thought it could be a put together , I have his name , but Delta is impossible to research, but why the foreign jump badge ??
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:59 pm

I don't think it's real.

filupe

Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:11 pm

The Bundeswehr jump wings are plausible. Military parachutists take every opportunity to earn another country's jump wings - all part of the 'airborne brotherhood'. Uniform regs state, however, that only one other foreign wing can be worn on the uniform at any one time.

I would have thought that those who *really* were Delta, esp. senior officers, wouldn't go around advertising that fact ...
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Post by nkomo Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Okay....several things to point out here. First, the "Delta Force" tab is a fantasy piece. Even with him being a Colonel, this tab would be a "no-go" for a uniform. Secondly, the mixture of OD and tan insignia is a bit puzzling. Not unheard of, just a bit odd. Lastly, the PSYOPS patch on the sleeve is not something I'd expect to see associated with a "Delta" uniform.

I am going to include some pictures of Gary Gordon and Randyall Shughart. Look at the SSI on their uniforms.

I am not trying to bust your balls on this uniform, Steve. The jacket just raises some serious questions about authenticity. If it was one puzzling thing, then I'd say maybe. With all the things I've sited above.....I really don't like what I'm seeing.

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! Shugha10

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! Garygo10

Last edited by nkomo on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:29 pm

OH....forgot to add that two Colonel's rank on the collar is also a "no-go". It should have a Colonel's rank on the right collar and Branch of Service insignia (crossed rifles for Infantry, crossed arrows for Special Forces, etc.) on the left. Just like Filupe said. Very Happy

Last edited by nkomo on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:29 pm

no worries Arch , I figured it was fantasy , but I thought I would run it on the boards for fun , if this was a real piece ,it would have been from the 80's and the tan web and ranks would not have been used , the guy says he has more of this guys stuff , I am interested in what he comes up with !!

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:44 pm

As far as researching Delta members.....don't waste your time. VERY secretive organization for obvious reasons. Doing a internet search will probably net you nothing. That is the case with most SF pieces. I have numerous named SF uniforms and 9/10 times....nothing is found on the soldier.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Saw this uniform as well on ebay and didnt think it was real due to the fact it has naval ranks on it and the patches all dont match looks like a put together
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:08 pm

naval ranks

????????? Rank is for Colonel ,same as Army , how are these specifically Navy ??????

And just a heads up for you , during the first Gulf war , Tan patches and tapes started to be used , it was not so uncommon to see a shirt with both tan and OD patches and name tapes mixed in , there are much better things on this shirt to make it a fake .
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:13 pm

PSYOPS patch on the sleeve

Patch is not Psyops , its 1st Special Operations Command Obsolete version .
    AndrewA74
    AndrewA74

Name : Andrew
    Number of posts : 930

Post by AndrewA74 Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:31 pm

panzerwerk wrote:
    PSYOPS patch on the sleeve

Patch is not Psyops , its 1st Special Operations Command Obsolete version .
    ...Which was very heavily involved in PSYOPS.
    Andrew
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Into and dedicated are 2 different things , the patch represents the 1st Special Operations command , its far more then just PYSOPS . Come on guys !! Really ????

Click Here
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Click here for the patch :

HERE
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:16 pm

1st Special Operations Command? DAMN IT!!!! I always mess up with the patches. Leaves me with a little egg on my face. Embarassed Does anyone know when this version of patch became obsolete?

Even with my misidentifiction of the patch, I'm still sticking to my guns and saying this is a made up piece due to the rank and Delta Force tab.

Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Even with my misidentifiction of the patch, I'm still sticking to my guns and saying this is a made up piece due to the rank and Delta Force tab

Copy that Bro ! I did find an article online of a young Capt of the same name who was with the 1st Special Operations unit in the first gulf war , but Capt is a long way from Colonel !!!

OK guys there are really only a few things that make this piece bad , double rank ,Delta Tab , wrong time for mixed color patches , other then that , everything else is plausible, Even the double rank is vaguely plausible but unlikely, Again , I am not defending this shirt and truly think its a put together , some airsoft Rambo !!! LOL

AndrewA74
    AndrewA74

Post by AndrewA74 Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Yup, it's a peice together. A couple of other red flags you didn't mention:

I believe that the pathfinder would have gone under the wings, but above the pocket edge. I have a DCU with that type of badging and it is set up like that. Another thing, typically in that time era, the guy ethier had subdued or all desert (look at the early photos of Gen. Schwartzkoff). But the flag, only members of SETAF (Southern European Task Force) were authorized to wear flags on their uniforms at that period. If nothing else, take off the patches, use them to restore something else. That jump badge is really neat looking, might be theatre made.
    Andrew
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:38 pm

I believe that the pathfinder would have gone under the wings

Thats the problem with believing Andrew,I am not even going to get into the flag thing .

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! USeinerwoodland1
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:03 am

As far as I know...the Pathfinder badge is where it should be.

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! Post-533

Post by AndrewA74 Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 am

Maybe I'm misreading something? Apparently my information is unreliable? Well, I meant that when you only have two badges like this, the pathfinder does not go on the pocket flap. This what I have seen from direct uniform evidence. Secondly, with the flags, I'm getting this information from a retired 1SG who was in Desert Storm himself.
    Andrew
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:31 am

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! Meh.ro4687

Like Arch would say, "Gentlemen, let's keep it civil". Laughing

All kidding aside, Steve, I hope you didn't pay too much for it. Neutral

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:55 am

no I did not , I bought it for the flair as , I knew deep down inside it was a fake , too many things were just not right LOL
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:07 am

When three badges are worn, two badges are centered 1⁄4 inch above the U.S. Army tape in a
    vertical line with 1⁄2 inch between badges, and one is worn centered on the pocket flap, 1⁄8 inch below the top of the
    pocket.

When two badges are worn, both are centered 1⁄4 inch above the U.S. Army tape in a vertical line with 1⁄2 inch
    between badges.

If only one badge is worn, it is centered 1⁄4 inch above the U.S. Army tape (see fig 29–58).

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:08 am

I give up!!!!!!!!!! I am sticking with my modified DCU's/BDU's and my field gear. All these patches and patch placements are killing me! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 am