IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms Empty Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 am

I was lucky enough to get my 4th example of this very rare pattern. Much to my surprise it turned out to be quite different! I'll discuss that in my second post. First, the four types I have:

1. M69, medium cotton twill. No stamps or tags that I can find, just a small size tag in the neck.

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms 56e164fd

2. M76, heavy cotton twill. Paraciadista quarter master stamp.

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms 709c1aa5

3. M76, light cotton. Paraciadista quarter master stamp.

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms Cbe96395

4. M76, light cotton. Embroidered Legion epaulettes.

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms 94f1f01a
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms Empty Re: Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:38 am

The M69 jacket not only has different features than the M76, but it is a different printing. The M76 types use a dark green for the most dominant color, but the M69 jacket uses a light olive drab. The M76's dark olive drab is instead a light green on the M69. the background color is a little more mustard yellow on the M76 types vs. the very light tan on the M69. Both use black in the same way.

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms 415f6c55

Steve
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms Empty Re: Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms

Post by koalorka Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:44 pm

My goodness, those are so obscure, I haven't even heard of rumours of their existence.

You've got to have the most extensive collection of Franco-era camouflage in the world..

Great finds of course and if you have any that are surplus, I've got a largely unused kidney on standby.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks! I've had some amazing opportunities over the years when, fortunately, I had money available. The latest spot shirt addition was a complete fluke, though. I didn't even know what it was until it arrived!

Steve
    drmatz
    drmatz

Name : danilo matz
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 2103

Post by drmatz Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 pm

You should post those in the bragging right section...

I knew about one variant, but had no idea they had so many variants... But i guess it makes sense considering how many versions they have of their other patters as well.

Really beautiful uniforms
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 am

BTW, not surprisingly the Legion jacket's badges are real, but not correct for the time period. The rank, jump qualification, and unit also are at odds with each other. I'm probably going to pull the badges off of it.

The experimental Woodland type, which predated the standard issue by several years, also comes in two different cuts. Or perhaps more.

Steve
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:23 am

I recently got a swallow tail hat in this pattern with a Paracaidista stamp inside. Here it is:

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms File_zpsqcps1laa

Spanish Legion and Paraciadista Spot uniforms File_zpshzg5zohf

Also, here's a link to another thread about these uniforms. Some information and a few pictures not posted here:

https://iacmc.forumotion.com/t491-rare-spanish-fleck-camo-uniform

Steve
    Solideo
    Solideo
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Juan J. Morales
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 222

Post by Solideo Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:10 am

There are some Paracas experimetal sets rounding the world.... if stamped that´s one. The problem with that type of camo design is that there was a hunter commercial pattern quite similar to that. Even some Boel members used one of those Bonnie hats. But THEY WHERE BOUGHT OUT OF UNIFORMITY BY THEM. There are too many curiosities of Boel uniformity...the UNOFFICIAL ONE.

Best
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Yes, I have one commercial shirt. The colors are different and the construction is terrible, so it is obviously not a real item Wink But you are saying there are other commercial pieces that are similar to the military ones (other than boonie hats)?

I am not surprised that BOEL soldiers used many personal items not issued by the Spanish government. That is normal for special forces and frustrating for collectors like me. I do not want an item from a store shelf, I want one only from real soldiers. But sometimes it is very difficult to know the difference Sad

Steve
    Solideo
    Solideo
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Juan J. Morales
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 222

Post by Solideo Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:44 pm

When pre boel was formed (UOEL) they really run out of almost everything, in very early moments even weapons. So they had to manage by themselves , everyuseful thing was used. Neverending story.

Best
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:31 am

Thanks for that info! Yes, never ending story for sure! "You are part of a new elite unit, but we forgot to buy stuff for you so grab what you can" Very Happy

My father was in the 503rd Parachute Regiment when it was still independent. This was around 1960. They were still using WW2 weapons, radios, and pretty much everything else. That is because he was stationed in the Philippines and Okinawa. If he was in Europe he would have had new stuff.

When they ran out of things they would form a raiding party at night and go "shopping" at a big naval base. I am sure the navy guards at the gate had a lot of very nice Sake in exchange for going to the bathroom at just the right time Wink

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:39 pm