IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

WTK DDR Officer Dress (Shiny) and Field (Subdued Black) Boots, Price and are there any sources in USA?

silversurfer
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-08-18
    Number of posts : 42

WTK DDR Officer Dress (Shiny) and Field (Subdued Black) Boots, Price and are there any sources in USA? Empty WTK DDR Officer Dress (Shiny) and Field (Subdued Black) Boots, Price and are there any sources in USA?

Post by silversurfer Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:48 am

DDR Officer Dress (Shiny) and Field (Subdued Black) Boots, any sources in USA?

What do they generally go for New and Used?

The Officer boots are taller. The Dress version has a shine to it, while the field version is grainy and subdued. Both have rubber soles.
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

WTK DDR Officer Dress (Shiny) and Field (Subdued Black) Boots, Price and are there any sources in USA? Empty Re: WTK DDR Officer Dress (Shiny) and Field (Subdued Black) Boots, Price and are there any sources in USA?

Post by Camo_fiend Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:34 am

Hessen Antique has them in stock. I have never ordered from them online, but have dealt with them in-person at gun shows. They are nice people. Sportsman's Guide used to stock them, not sure if they do anymore, though.

As far as price, average is about $30 to $40, depending on condition. That's just in what I've found, though... one of our other users may know somewhere to get them even cheaper.

I have also seen eBay sellers offer some "neglected" pairs fairly cheap. They're usually just really dirty, the leather just needs some good TLC and they'd be good to go. You could probably get some good wear out of them if you don't mind polishing the bejesus out of them. Very Happy

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    silversurfer
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-08-18
    Number of posts : 42

WTK DDR Officer Dress (Shiny) and Field (Subdued Black) Boots, Price and are there any sources in USA? Empty Re: WTK DDR Officer Dress (Shiny) and Field (Subdued Black) Boots, Price and are there any sources in USA?

Post by silversurfer Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 am

Years ago they were so plentiful and cheap, New maybe less than $19. Like everything, the supply trickles or big chains buy them all up for resale.

Much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:38 am

No worries. The research was actually kind of dual-purposed, as I've been trying to hunt down a pair myself. I know they're out there, I'm just trying to see how cheaply I can find them. Laughing

About 10 years ago you could find them for next to nothing almost everywhere. I remember seeing them in Cheaper Than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide catalogs at my grandfather's house, and they must've had trailers full of those boots on offer, as they were listed in several consecutive mailings; and I remember my local surplus shop having lots of them as well. Of course 10 years ago I wasn't into collecting yet, just a teenage passerby at the surplus shop, and I didn't really know or care what they were, I saw them as just another pair of boots. Wish I had known then what I know now about supply and demand in regard to this kind of stuff...

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:56 am