IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
kammo-man
saltefanden
cairyhunt
Easy Gee
8 posters

Urban Outfitters

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Urban Outfitters Empty Urban Outfitters

Post by Easy Gee Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi Guys.

Not sure if anyone else has checked out urban outfitters before, but I just looked on their site....£60 for a black overdyed CCE F2 jacket, £48 for a standard CCE Jacket...Italian OG jackets £48... BW Flectarn shirt £30, do they come with gold and platinum buttons!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

WTF what is this world coming too,well I am moving away from collecting this stuff, and moving into selling in the "fashion world", my collection just quadrupled in value going by their prices!!!

And most confusingly, who the heck would pay those prices, have these solvent fashionistas not checked out there local surplus stores, or ebay lately. Question

Not a real ramble you understand, I was just amazed, maybe you will be too Smile
    cairyhunt
    cairyhunt
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : steve
    Registration date : 2012-02-09
    Number of posts : 194

Urban Outfitters Empty Re: Urban Outfitters

Post by cairyhunt Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:01 pm

i blame the idiot's that are willing to pay those crazy prices , they must be a dam sight richer that me.
    i think i will sew a few sequins on a old DPM smock aand see how much it will make . lol!
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Mr. G,
    I think I've put in about 10 posts on this subject as off lately, since I've seen exactly those pieces you're mentioning, just sold at even more ridiculous prices around where I live (the high hitter a mindblowing 120 Euro's a pop) in similar fashion outlets.
    Followers of trends will pay good money to show off their 'individuality', by looking EXACTLY like every one else that they would want to be associated with.

At one point it was overdye Austrian (brownish/grey), onto 50's biker- or cafe racer-type jackets, then US M81's, then the OD Italian jackets, then highly distressed denim jackets, then Dutch DPM, Brittish DPM, back to leather jackets and now finally for the last year it's been exactly overdye Flecktarn (black), again the OD Italian and the now everpresent French CCE's.

I must admit though; I've bought pre-stressed jeans and chewed up wooly hats at overprice, way back in the early 90's to fit the whole 'grunge' scene. Looking like Kurt Cobain when you're 14 requires a bit of effort and money, I guess...
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

Post by kammo-man Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:23 pm

one word.

HIPSTERS.

loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 am

Nah it was bell bottom trousers and flower pattern shirts when I was 14 thank god I destroyed allthe photos and negitives photos
    cairyhunt
    cairyhunt
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : steve
    Registration date : 2012-02-09
    Number of posts : 194

Post by cairyhunt Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 pm

loski wrote:Nah it was bell bottom trousers and flower pattern shirts when I was 14 thank god I destroyed allthe photos and negitives photos
    SHAME! i would have liked to have seen those lol!
    Victor Brunswick
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-10-12
    Number of posts : 40

Post by Victor Brunswick Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:55 pm

kammo-man wrote:one word.

HIPSTERS.

Like yah, you took the words right out of my mouth.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

Post by sobota Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:54 pm

HIPSTERS.

scum of the earth i tell you! today in London i saw one girl in a normal CS95 shirt on over her denim dungarees, one in another 95 shirt with sleeves removed and sequin shoulder patches Mad and then to top it off was a guy in a French f1 jacket with an upside down British number 2 dress LCPL rank on his chest and two number 2 dress WO2 badges on the arms Evil or Very Mad furious i was!! i had to refrain from lashing out and beating some sense in to him
    Victor Brunswick
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-10-12
    Number of posts : 40

Post by Victor Brunswick Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:15 pm

sobota wrote:

HIPSTERS.

scum of the earth i tell you! today in London i saw one girl in a normal CS95 shirt on over her denim dungarees, one in another 95 shirt with sleeves removed and sequin shoulder patches Mad and then to top it off was a guy in a French f1 jacket with an upside down British number 2 dress LCPL rank on his chest and two number 2 dress WO2 badges on the arms Evil or Very Mad furious i was!! i had to refrain from lashing out and beating some sense in to him

Hipsters contaminate practically everything they latch on to.
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 am

--I just spent a while ragging on about this over in the "dreamin'" thread.

Do y'all recall when a Swiss gas-mask bag became chic? How about when Hot Topic overdyed them? How about when they started making clones in India, because all the regular ones had been bought up?

MADNESS!

But, I reckon that's just how it works.

Owen is right. It only takes a single word to describe this phenomenon, and I think that he's being quite charitable when he omits the expletives.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm sure it has become apparent to most, but some ebay "military urban stylee fashionista" sellers, are selling all sorts of surplus jackets with punk studs and all that kind of crap adorning their wares now too!!! Sad Suspect

saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:25 am

Had a quick trip to Berlin (where sadly most of the old school militaria outlets have either closed or moved shop to the outer suburbs), and found no items of real interest.
    But tagging along with the Missus to the high street fashion shops, there was camouflage aplenty; even Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger's womenswear collections had numerous items in camo print.

Urban Outfitters Img_0710

Urban Outfitters Img_0711

Urban Outfitters Img_0712

Urban Outfitters Img_0713

Urban Outfitters Img_0714

I've seen new, purposely made copies of German, Italian and French army jackets, nicely tailored and true to origins and print, but always 'fashionably' distressed, from Top Shop, H&M and other outlets, and these things sell at 2 to 3 times the price of an honest piece of original surplus military rag.
    Maybe I'm in the wrong business, 'cause someone out there is certainly making a decent salary on this tendency.
    (But I did like that subdued or 'urban' take on Flecktarn on the G-Star items, bordering on the lovely, old Austrian pattern - sadly/luckily the sizes of those particular sets were female and way too small) Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:12 pm