IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

French Foreign Legion Citation lanyard - Fourragère

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

French Foreign Legion Citation lanyard - Fourragère Empty French Foreign Legion Citation lanyard - Fourragère

Post by Easy Gee Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:39 am

Hi Guys ,thought you might like to see this Fourragère,which has been worn from 1954 to the present day by 2nd Foreign Parachute Battalion ( 2e BEP), and the 2nd Foreign Parachute Regiment (2e REP.)

The striped "Olive" on the end of the Fourragère features the colours of the Croix de Guerre,which was awarded for the fourth and sixth citations in Dien Bien Phu in 1954 I believe,please free to correct me if I have got this wrong.

French Foreign Legion Citation lanyard - Fourragère Dsc07910
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

French Foreign Legion Citation lanyard - Fourragère Empty Re: French Foreign Legion Citation lanyard - Fourragère

Post by loski Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi Gary howzit
    that is a nice find
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

French Foreign Legion Citation lanyard - Fourragère Empty Re: French Foreign Legion Citation lanyard - Fourragère

Post by Easy Gee Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:03 pm

loski wrote:Hi Gary howzit
    that is a nice find

Thanks Graham this part of a recent Legion haul,I started a new Job recently so been somewhat preoccupied with the changes,but all is good in the Easy house!! Very Happy

How's things your end?
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Gary
    glad to hear all is well in your kingdom the usual uneasy peace reigns in mine take care and regards
    Graham
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:17 pm

loski wrote:Hi Gary
    glad to hear all is well in your kingdom the usual uneasy peace reigns in mine take care and regards
    Graham

That's good Mate, you too!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm