IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves Empty Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:06 am

I just received a "new" variant of the unique Czech Sumpftarn pattern shelter quarter. This brings the total to 5 versions that I know of.

195? triangle -> 5 color, smaller strokes
    195? triangle -> 4 color, larger strokes, no white
    1952 square -> 5 color, added white, mostly covered solid and heavier rain strokes.
    1953 square -> 5 color, blurred edges, some white and slightly less heavy rain strokes. Maybe brighter colors (could be production variation).
    1954 square -> 5 color, combines 1953 version with pre-1952's hard edges and lighter rain strokes.

The first picture shows a side by side of the two triangular types:

Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves File-172

Both are made from a very thin (too thin!) poplin cloth with a leather reinforced metal eye at the top point.

The second picture shows the four "large strokes" models together showing the same drawings to compare them together. The "small strokes" has basically the same drawings at the same scale.

Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves IMG_4447_zps60a38372

Steve

ripcord likes this post

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves Empty Re: Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves

Post by ripcord Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:05 pm

Just picked up this beaty.. Looks unused..

Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves 20230830
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves Empty Re: Czech Sumpftarn shelter quarters/halves

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:03 pm

Yeah, those ropes look brand new!

I love this pattern so much I just bought a laundry bag made from surplus shelter halves. Glad you're now enjoying it in person Wink

Steve

ripcord likes this post

ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Post by ripcord Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:15 pm

Thanks Steve.. I was surprised to find this Zelt in such conditions.. Usually, the ropes are gone. This thing has never been used/washed..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 am