IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent Iraqi Finds

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Recent Iraqi Finds Empty Recent Iraqi Finds

Post by nkomo Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 pm

I went to a little shop last weekend while on a small vacation with the wife. I found these two Iraqi green berets and an RPG sight with carrying case.

To me, the green beret on the right hand side looks Desert Storm era and the green beret on the left looks like OEF time period.

The beret with the Iraqi wings is made by "Jordan Narrow Fabric" and is a size 7.

Funny thing is that both berets are very used and have been shaped. Both berets appear to be roughly the same size.

Recent Iraqi Finds 00119
    Recent Iraqi Finds 00215

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Recent Iraqi Finds Empty Re: Recent Iraqi Finds

Post by nkomo Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:38 pm

Here is the RPG sight I was able to pick up. If you notice, the device used to close the box has been repaired using a piece of wire.

RPG sight has a circle 197 on the side. Chinese made sight for export. In the upper box, there are spare bulbs and two sun filters still in the wrapping.

Recent Iraqi Finds 00314
    Recent Iraqi Finds 00413
    Recent Iraqi Finds 00515

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:41 pm