michelwijnand
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-09
    Number of posts : 202

Some Recent modern Belgian finds

Post by michelwijnand on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Recently I've found some damn cheap Belgian stuff, figured I'd show it here.

First a Gentex TBH-II helmet, probably not a Belgian contracted one but the Para/Cdo's use them, so I put the relevant cover on it.

Flecktarn parka and a pouch that my vest set didn't have yet, so now I think I have all, and then an older jigsaw hood.

An Arktis advanced chestrig with a severed backstrap (easy fix), Polish made modern armor cover, 2 different ripstop helmet covers (different loops),
    and 2 helmet nets which are most likely also Belgian (1 painted over and 1 of different construction).

And a tactical vest for a friend, because I already had one, this one just has a molten zipper, but was the least destroyed one in a crate, most
    others had the back adjustment straps and buckles cut.

Wolverine
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 865

Re: Some Recent modern Belgian finds

Post by Wolverine on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:20 am

I also have one of those helmet covers with the black elastic sewn to the outside. The one I have looks hand-improvised. Is yours the same?
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5977

Post by CollectinSteve on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm also curious about the details of the ripstop helmet covers. I don't have one in my collection yet.

The light weight body armor cover is interesting. Do you know any history about its use?

Pity that the LBVs were in such poor condition. The Cordura material doesn't seem to hold camouflage colors for very long under sun and use conditions. I acquired a brand new one during the first year of issue and I paid a lot of money for it, but I'm happy I did!

Steve

michelwijnand
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by michelwijnand on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Yeah the black elastic is just badly sewn to the cover. There were also quite a few helmet nets with the same elastic threaded through it.
    It seems to be a quite popular material to use, I've also seen it in old photos.

And Steve, there were more ripstop covers there, if you'd like I could take one from there whenever I return, though it may take a while.

I don't know a lot about the lightweight armor, nly that it also exists in Desert color, and that it appears in photos from Afghanistan, and
    it seems to be only worn by Para/Cdo.

And yes there might be some more relatively intact vests in the crate, but I found what I needed/wanted so I stopped digging. I just had the
    backstrap of the Arktis rig reattached again today, which had been pulled loose from one side, and it works again. Afterwards I noticed someone
    might have repaired the vest before, as 1 shoulderstrap is attached inside out Smile

belgium_one
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 301

Post by belgium_one on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 am

Hello Smile

the body armor , used by belgian navy

Salutations

michelwijnand
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by michelwijnand on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:59 am

Ok thanks, learned something again. Navy is not of any interest for me, so I never looked at photos of them, so I never saw this. It makes sense for them so wear such a quite simple vest though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:30 pm